This summer we will offer tours Monday-Friday at 9:30 am, 11 am and 1:30 pm with optional information sessions at 10:30 am and 1 pm. Our tours last approximately 60 minutes and are lead by student tour guides. Information sessions last 30 minutes and are lead by admission officers. Each tour slot can accommodate 25 guests.
Per the LA County Department of Public Health’s current recommendations, we ask all guests to wear masks in indoor spaces. Unvaccinated guests should wear masks at all times during their visit. Vaccinated guests are not required to wear masks in outdoor settings but are welcome to do so.
This summer we will offer virtual admission interviews. Interviews are optional (your application will not be disadvantaged if you don’t complete one), but they are a great way to learn more about HMC and for us to get to know a bit more about you. Interviews are conducted by admission counselors or trained Harvey Mudd seniors and involve a casual 20-30 minute conversation.
Other ways to learn about Harvey Mudd
- Online Information Sessions
- Web Events (upcoming events and event recordings)
- Harvey Mudd Campus Tour Videos
- Admission Instagram
- Admission Twitter
- Admission Facebook
- Official HMC Youtube
- We will continue to be ACT/SAT test-optional for students applying for fall 2022 admission. Read our announcement (June 2020).
- We no longer consider SAT subject test scores. Read our announcement (February 2020).
- Notice that we require one year each of calculus, chemistry and physics prior to enrollment. Keep this in mind when planning your classes next year.
- Notice that we require two teacher recommendations, one from a humanities, social science or art teacher and one from a math or science teacher. Keep this mind in when planning your teacher recommendation requests for your application.
- We do not anticipate making changes to our required essay and short answer response. You can find both prompts by clicking here.