Early Decision 1
Instructions and Deadlines
Below are the financial aid instructions and deadlines for domestic students applying to Harvey Mudd Early Decision 1 who want to be considered for federal, state, and institutional aid. Students interested in only receiving federal and state grant and loan assistance need only complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The CSS Profile is required to be considered for Harvey Mudd College need-based grant assistance.
International applicants, please refer to the Early Decision 1 International Applicants page.
Deadline: November 15
- 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Federal School Code is 001171
- 2023-2024 CSS Profile Code: 4341
- NOTE: There will no longer be a distinct Noncustodial PROFILE application. Each of your parents will complete their own CSS Profile. You and your custodial parent will complete your CSS Profile using your College Board log-in credentials. If both of your parents have access to your College Board account, you should change your password so your parent’s financial information will remain private. Your noncustodial parent will need a separate College Board account. To keep their financial information private, your parents should not share their College Board log-in credentials with each other.
Deadline: December 1
The following supplemental documents should be uploaded to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC):
- Signed copy of 2021 federal income tax returns filed with the Internal Revenue Service* including all schedules, forms, W-2s and 1099s from you and your parent(s).
- Signed, final copy of any 2021 Corporation Federal Tax Returns with all K-1s* (if applicable) for any corporation(s) in which you or your parents have an investment.
- Signed, final copy of any 2021 Partnership Federal Tax Return(s) with all K-1s* (if applicable) for any partnership(s) in which you or your parents have an investment.
- Verification Worksheet for Dependent Student (PDF)
* If you and/or your parent(s) file an amended federal tax return with the Internal Revenue Service, you must forward a signed copy of the amended return to the Office of Financial Aid.