Applying for Need-Based Financial Aid
Applying for need-based financial aid at Harvey Mudd is an annual process. All interested students must submit the proper applications, forms and financial documents by the posted deadlines to receive full consideration for federal, state and institutional grant and loan aid.
Students who are interested in receiving low interest federal loans and/or state and federal grants are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who want to be considered for Harvey Mudd College need-based institutional aid must also complete the CSS Profile available from the College Board.
Students receiving only merit scholarships are not required to apply for financial aid each year. Assuming all requirements for maintaining the scholarship(s) are met, these scholarships will automatically be renewed by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Net Price Calculator
- Financial Aid @ HMC Portal
- Admission and Financial Aid Announcements
- Downloadable Forms
- Handshake Job Search
- CSS Profile
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC)
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling Guide (PDF)
- Consumer Information Disclosures
- Outside and Private Awards
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Package (PDF)
- Federal Direct Loans (PDF)
- Contact Financial Aid
- Submit Requested Document(s) Online
Personal Information in Emails
Be sure to redact all personal identifiable information (PII), such as, social security numbers, date of birth, etc. when sending documents via email.