In addition to federal, state and Harvey Mudd funding, there are other awards, sponsored by corporations, civic organizations and other groups that are designed to help talented students get the funding they need. As you search for these awards, keep in mind that outside scholarships could have an effect on your overall financial aid package.
STEM Internships and Fellowships
- Apple Internships
- Cohen Fellowship
- Dept. of Homeland Security National HS-STEM Summer Internship Program
- Dept. of Energy, Office of Climate, Environment and Energy Efficiency Fellowship
- Dept. of Energy, Office of Science Internships
- Microsoft Internships
- NSA Summer Internships
- Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences
- Simons Fellowship
STEM Outside Scholarships
- AfterCollege Scholarship Opportunities
- Apple Inclusion and Diversity Engineering Scholarships
- ASCO Numatics Engineering Scholarship
- AfterCollege Scholarships in Engineering
- Buick Achievers Scholarship Program
- Google Scholarships for Students
- Jewish Vocational Service of Los Angeles
- Microsoft Scholarships
- Robert Day Scholarship
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- WTS LA Scholarships for women pursuing career paths in transportation or related fields
Through ROTC, you can earn a commission in the military while obtaining a degree from Harvey Mudd. Scholarships are also available for students in some programs. ROTC programs offered at Harvey Mudd include:
- U.S. Air Force ROTC (AFROTC)
Through an agreement with the University of Southern California, students may participate in AFROTC while enrolled at Harvey Mudd. Harvey Mudd has been designated as the host college for The Claremont Colleges and neighboring institutions. Further information may be obtained by writing to the Department of Aerospace Studies/AFROTC, Harvey Mudd College, 301 Platt Boulevard, Claremont, CA 91711.
- U.S. Army ROTC
Harvey Mudd offers two- and four-year programs through The Claremont Colleges Army ROTC Unit. Request information from the Department of Military Science and Leadership, Claremont McKenna College, 500 E. Ninth Street, Claremont, CA 91711
Other Scholarship Opportunities
- American Association of Japanese University Women (AAJUW)
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- California Strawberry Scholarships
- The Ebell of Los Angeles Scholarships
- Chinese American Citizens Alliance Foundation
- MassMutual Scholars
- Point Foundation Scholarship for GLBTQ students
- Sports Unlimited Scholarship
- Sunoco Rewards Scholarships
Free Online Scholarship Searches
You can also find awards through a variety of free online scholarship searches. Harvey Mudd recommends the following sites:
- Fastweb/Financial Aid Search Through the Web
One of the first free online search services with a database of more than 400,000 scholarships.
- College Board Scholarship Search
A searchable database of scholarships, loans, internships and other financial aid programs from 2,300 sources.
Scholarship search service and financial aid information resources that help students make the decisions that shape their lives: researching and finding college financial aid, choosing a college and paying for college.
A database of awards for undergraduate through postgraduate studies.
- FinAid on the Web
- FinAid Unusual Scholarships
Lists some of the more interesting, esoteric and unusual scholarships FinAid.org has encountered.