Loans for Parents
The financial needs of our students’ families are as different as the families themselves. For most students, the need-based assistance offered by Harvey Mudd is sufficient to pay for college when combined with the family’s calculated contribution.
However, the reality for many families is that they are not prepared to contribute the calculated family contribution. Many parents look for low-interest financing options, such as the Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS), to help reduce monthly expenses and to extend the payment of the academic year’s costs.
Note: For those accepting the Federal Direct Loans (DL) – Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and/or Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS),
- all Direct Loan borrowers will be required to view and confirm their loan balance for each award year starting 2020-2021 forward before a new loan can be disbursed. Confirmation will be needed in addition to other requirements before Harvey Mudd College disburses DL funds. More information about this process is available at studentaid.gov.
- the anticipated Fall disbursement date is during the first week of October. The anticipated Spring disbursement date is during the first week of February.
- Net Price Calculator
- Financial Aid @ HMC Portal
- Admission and Financial Aid Announcements
- Downloadable Forms
- Handshake Job Search
- CSS Profile
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC)
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling Guide (PDF)
- Consumer Information Disclosures
- Outside and Private Awards
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Package (PDF)
- Federal Direct Loans (PDF)
- Contact Financial Aid
- Submit Requested Document(s) Online
Personal Information in Emails
Be sure to redact all personal identifiable information (PII), such as, social security numbers, date of birth, etc. when sending documents via email.