Transfer Applicants Financial Aid

Instructions and Deadlines

Below are the instructions and deadlines for domestic students applying to Harvey Mudd College as transfer students. Students interested in only receiving federal and state grant and loan assistance need only complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE is required to be considered for Harvey Mudd College need-based grant assistance.

International applicants, please refer to the International Student Financial Aid page.

Deadline: March 2

  • Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Available online beginning October 1, 2016.  Federal School Code: 001171.
  • CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. Code: 4341
  • Noncustodial PROFILE from the noncustodial parent (if applicable). The link and password for the Noncustodial PROFILE will be provided to the student directly from the College Board after completing the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE.
  • Cal Grant GPA Verification Form (PDF) (California residents only) due to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC). Provide this form to your high school counselor (if you have completed up to 24 college units) or college registrar (if you have completed more than 24 college units) well before this deadline to allow time for processing. Document must be postmarked to CSAC no later than March 2.

The following supplemental documents should be submitted directly to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) with your personalized Cover Sheet:

  • Signed copy of 2015 federal income tax returns filed with the Internal Revenue Service* including all schedules, forms, W-2s and 1099s from you and your parent(s).
  • Signed, final copy of any 2015 Corporation Federal Tax Returns with all K-1s (if applicable) for any corporation(s) in which you or your parents have an investment.
  • Signed, final copy of any 2015 Partnership Federal Tax Return(s) with all K-1s (if applicable) for any partnership(s) in which you or your parents have an investment.
  • Verification Worksheet for Dependent Student (PDF) – provided by IDOC

* If you and/or your parent(s) file an amended federal tax return with the Internal Revenue Service, you must forward a signed copy of the amended return to the Office of Financial Aid.