Esterbrook Merit Award
Formerly the Sprague-Connolly Merit Award, the Esterbrook Merit Award is established through gifts from the Mildred E. and Harvey S. Mudd Foundation and the Caryll Mudd and Norman F. Sprague Jr. Foundation. Esterbrook Scholars receive a $10,000 scholarship, renewable for up to four years. The scholarship recognizes an exceptionally talented student in the incoming first-year class.
The scholarship is automatically renewed at the end of the first year. To renew the award in subsequent years, recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 by the conclusion of each spring term. Renewal of the award is contingent upon eight consecutive semesters of full-time enrollment, with the exception of study abroad or an approved leave of absence.
Every first-year applicant will be considered for the Esterbrook Merit Award, including those not applying for financial aid. No separate application is required.
- Net Price Calculator
- Financial Aid @ HMC Portal
- Admission and Financial Aid Announcements
- Downloadable Forms
- Handshake Job Search
- CSS Profile
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC)
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling Guide (PDF)
- Consumer Information Disclosures
- Outside and Private Awards
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Package (PDF)
- Federal Direct Loans (PDF)
- Contact Financial Aid
- Submit Requested Document(s) Online
Personal Information in Emails
Be sure to redact all personal identifiable information (PII), such as, social security numbers, date of birth, etc. when sending documents via email.