We believe your college choice should be more about fit than finances.
Still, we understand that cost often affects college choice, so it is important for you to understand all of your financial aid options. While each family is treated individually, and family resources vary widely, here are some basic statistics from our 2013–2014 academic year:
- About 76 percent of Harvey Mudd students receive financial aid
- The average financial aid award is about $35,275, of which about $25,460 comes in grant aid from Harvey Mudd College (not from government sources)
- About 49 percent of Harvey Mudd students receive need-based aid
- 28 percent of incoming first-year students qualify for our merit-based awards (additional 11 percent including Harvey Mudd College National Merit Awards)
- 71 percent of students receive scholarship assistance directly from Harvey Mudd College
- Our policy is to provide 100 percent of every student’s demonstrated need