Financing Options for International Applicants
International Student Employment
International students are not eligible for the Federal Work-Study Program. However, international students are eligible to apply for all non-federal work-study job postings that are available through Handshake, provided by the Office of Career Services.
Student Loans for International Students
International students are not eligible for Harvey Mudd College’s institutional loans or loans that are sponsored by the federal government. You may opt to consider private loans to help pay for college. Keep in mind that you must have a creditworthy co-borrower who is a United States citizen or permanent resident to qualify for most of these loan programs.
Additional International Financial Aid Resources
Harvey Mudd College encourages international students to research other scholarship and loan opportunities as well. Some sources include:
- Net Price Calculator
- Financial Aid @ HMC Portal
- Admission and Financial Aid Announcements
- Downloadable Forms
- Handshake Job Search
- CSS Profile
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC)
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling Guide (PDF)
- Consumer Information Disclosures
- Outside and Private Awards
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Package (PDF)
- Federal Direct Loans (PDF)
- Contact Financial Aid
Personal Information in Emails
Be sure to redact all personal identifiable information (PII), such as, social security numbers, date of birth, etc. when sending documents via email.