Instructions and Deadlines
Below are the financial aid instructions and deadlines for current Harvey Mudd students who are reapplying for financial aid after their first year. Students interested in only receiving federal and state grant and loan assistance need only complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE is required to be considered for Harvey Mudd College need-based grant assistance.
International applicants, please refer to the International Student Financial Aid page.
Deadline: March 2
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Available online beginning January 1. Federal School Code: 001171.
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. Code: 4341
- Cal Grant GPA Verification Form (PDF) (Required only for First Year California residents who are NOT currently receiving the Cal Grant)
- Current first-year students must submit their Cal Grant GPA Verification Forms to their high schools for certification because they may not yet have established a GPA at Harvey Mudd.
Note: You and your parents do not need to file a federal income tax return prior to completing a FAFSA. Estimate, to the best of your ability, your and your parents’ income on the FAFSA. Be sure to file your federal tax return early and use the FAFSA’s IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transmit your and/or your parents’ income tax return information from the IRS to your FAFSA.
Deadline: April 15
The following supplemental documents should be submitted directly to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) with your personalized Cover Sheet:
- Signed copy of parent(s) and student federal income tax returns filed with the Internal Revenue Service* including all schedules, forms, W-2s and 1099s from you and your parent(s).
- Signed, final copy of any Corporate Federal Tax Returns with all K-1s (if applicable) for any corporation(s) in which you or your parents have an investment.
- Signed, final copy of any Partnership Federal Tax Return(s) with all K-1s (if applicable) for any partnership(s) in which you or your parents have an investment.
- Noncustodial Parent’s Statement (PDF) (if applicable). Required of second-year students only. Rising juniors and seniors who have not submitted two years of noncustodial parent information must also submit the Noncustodial Parent’s Statement. – coming soon
- Verification Worksheet for Dependent Student – coming soon
* If you and/or your parent(s) file an amended federal tax return with the Internal Revenue Service, you must forward a signed copy of the amended return to the Office of Financial Aid.