Web events are a great way to learn about HMC if you are unable to make a trip to Claremont! We hope these webinars and web chats will help you familiarize yourself with our students and our campus.
Sign up for any of the events listed below via our web event registration form. Web events are scheduled for 60 minutes, including Q&A. You will be able to see and hear presenters and panelists, and will be able to submit questions using your keyboard. Note that all times listed below fall under Pacific Time.
Not able to attend one of the events below? No worries! We’ll record all web events and post links to the videos on this page within 10 business days from the date they take place. (Update: We are working on adding captioning to our recordings. We will upload the videos once this is done. Thank you for your patience!)
One last thing, Beyond HMC Webinars allow us to address greater questions in admission. Of course we’ll happily tackle questions relating to our policies and practices, but will also welcome general questions on the topic being addressed.
Web Event Line Up
International Admission Webinar
Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 6 until 7 a.m.
- Join Admission officers Peter Osgood and Roberto Peña as they discuss international admission at HMC.
Beyond HMC Webinar: To ED or not to ED, that is the question.
Monday, October 23, 2017 at 5:30 until 6:30 p.m.
- Join Admission officer Thyra Briggs as she discusses the pros and cons of applying to college during Early Decision, the binding early admission plan.
Research at HMC Web Chat
Monday, October 30, 2017 at 5:45 until 6:45 p.m.
- Join Admission officer Maureen Ruiz-Sundstrom ’10 and a panel of current Mudders as they discuss their experience with research at HMC.
International Student Web Chat
Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 6 until 7 p.m.
- Join Admission officers Peter Osgood and Roberto Peña, and a panel of current Mudders of international background as they discuss their experience at HMC.
Charla Virtual: HMC en Español
Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 5:30 until 6:30 p.m.
- Participe en una sesión de preguntas y respuestas con nuestra oficial de admisión Maureen Ruiz-Sundstrom ’10 y un grupo de administradores y estudiantes de HMC.
- Join Admission officer Maureen Ruiz-Sundstrom ’10 and a small panel of HMC students and staff members as they do a Spanish-language Q&A. Be advised this web chat will take place in Spanish.
Beyond HMC Webinar: Applications dissected – What happens after I click submit?
Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 5:30 until 6:30 p.m.
- Join Admission officer Raissa Diamante as she gives you a run down of what happens to your application after you click that ‘submit’ button.