Message from our Vice President
Thank you for your interest in Harvey Mudd College! We’re guessing that this is not what you had in mind for how you would spend the end of this academic year. It’s certainly not what we had anticipated either as our students restart classes from home and we work to connect with our admitted students using all sorts of virtual tools. That said, Harvey Mudd prides itself on educating “passionate problem solvers,” and we know our students, faculty and staff will figure this out. As a small, entirely undergraduate institution, Harvey Mudd has faculty who care deeply for their students and are invested in teaching. Our faculty will figure out how to deliver our extraordinary education in a way that our students will feel connected and supported and ready to take on what’s next. Our students are experienced problem solvers who value our faculty and each other. They too will figure out how to maintain the noncompetitive and supportive environment they have always found on campus. So our community is doing well and showing the same innovative and collaborative spirit that is at the heart of HMC.
So how will our future students be able to learn more about us during this time? Well, we hope that once we are on the other side of this situation that you will once again be able to visit. We will be using this page to connect you with the resources we already have available to learn more about Harvey Mudd, more about The Claremont Colleges, and more about Claremont and the rest of Southern California. We will also be using this page to answer as many of the questions you may have in the coming weeks and months.
At this moment, we may not have the answers to a whole lot of your questions about what your application process may look like given all of the limitations we are all facing, but we will do our best to keep you updated.
Vice President for Admission and Financial Aid
What we can tell you
- Your only job right now is to take care of yourself and your loved ones and engage with your school as they offer and as you are able. Harvey Mudd and the college search process will be here when you are ready.
- We are all in this together, and we know that both students and admission offices will need to be flexible.
- However your school decides to end this year – with or without traditional grades – you will not be at a disadvantage in our admission process.
- We are always here to answer any questions you may have, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know that standardized testing is a big question mark for many of you. We will not require the SAT or ACT for students applying for fall 2021 and fall 2022 admission. Earlier this year we also announced that we will no longer require or consider SAT Subject Tests in our admission process.
Ways to connect with Harvey Mudd
There are lots of virtual ways for you to get to know Mudd, here are just some of them:
- Join our inquiry list!
- Online Information Sessions and Office Hours
- Online Interviews
- Web Events (upcoming events and event recordings)
- Harvey Mudd Campus Tour Videos
- Harvey Mudd Admission Instagram
- Harvey Mudd Admission Facebook
- The Claremont Colleges YouVisit virtual tour
- Harvey Mudd College Youtube
[Updated June19, 2020]