We first want to offer you all of our best wishes from our office and from Harvey Mudd College. Southern California is no stranger to natural disasters, and our hearts go out to those of you affected by recent events. Of course, your first priority during this time should be your own health and well-being and that of your family and friends. We hope that we can work with you to remove the added stress of applying to college during this time. Here’s how we can help:
- Application Deadlines: Please know that we will do all that we can to work with affected students on their admission deadlines. We have two rounds of Early Decision with deadlines of November 15th and January 5th which is also our Regular Decision deadline. If you were hoping to apply Early Decision I, we hope you’ll consider giving yourself and your school the additional time to apply Early Decision II or Regular Decision. Our admit rate for both of our Early Decision programs does not differ dramatically from our Regular Decision program, so you will not be at a disadvantage if your opt for the later deadline. If you need any more individualized help with the deadlines, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Test Scores: We know that the testing agencies are working with students to help them reschedule testing when necessary. We will be as flexible as possible for students when it comes to testing. Please let us know if you find yourself in a situation where your testing will be arriving later than anticipated.
- Application Fees: As always we are happy to waive our application fee for any student who finds themselves in a situation where the fee would be a barrier to applying. If you are not able to obtain a traditional fee waiver, please email us at email@example.com to request one, and we will be happy to grant you one.
- Connecting with HMC: It may be the case that we will not be able to visit your area this year. Please know that there are other ways to connect with HMC and that you will not in any way be penalized in our admission process for not being able to meet with us. Interviews are not required as part of our process. We will also be offering a series of webinars to help students learn more about the college and our application process. Information about the webinars will be announced on our website at a later date.
- Questions & Support: If there is anything else we can do to help you through the college application process during this time, please do not hesitate to contact us when you are able. We can be reached at 909-621-8011 (Office of Admission) and 909-621-8055 (Office of Financial Aid.) Our email addresses are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.