Required Application Materials
From the Common Application
- Common Application. Submit along with your $70 application fee. Application fee waivers are available to those who can demonstrate unusual financial need. Submit a letter from your counselor to request one. We also honor fee waivers from the College Board and NACAC.
- Required Additional Writing. An additional essay and short answer response is required as part of your Common Application for Harvey Mudd College. Preview the required additional writing topics and questions.
- School Report. This is completed by your counselor and provided with a counselor letter of recommendation.
- Teacher Recommendation from a math or science teacher
- Teacher Recommendation from a humanities, social science, or art teacher
- Official High School Transcript
- College/University Transcript (if applicable). This is not required for any ungraded college enrichment program/courses.
- SAT or ACT. We do not require the optional SAT Essay or the optional ACT Writing.
- Two SAT Subject Tests.* One must be in Math Level 2; the other can be in any subject the student chooses.
- Final acceptable test dates
Early Decision I – November test date
Early Decision II – December test date
- Admission Interview. For information on how to arrange an interview, see the interviews page.