From the Common Application
- Common Application. Submit along with your $70 application fee. Application fee waivers are available to those who can demonstrate unusual financial need. Submit a letter from your counselor to request one. We also honor fee waivers from the College Board and NACAC.
- Required Additional Writing. An additional essay and short answer response is required as part of your Common Application for Harvey Mudd College. Preview the required additional writing topics and questions.
- School Report. This is completed by your counselor and provided with a counselor letter of recommendation.
- Teacher Recommendation from a math or science teacher
- Teacher Recommendation from a humanities, social science, or art teacher
- Official High School Transcript
- College/University Transcript (if applicable). This is not required for any ungraded college enrichment program/courses.
- Final acceptable test dates
Early Decision I – November test date
Early Decision II – December test date
Regular Decision – January test date
- Two SAT Subject Tests.* One must be in Math Level 2; the other can be in any subject the student chooses.
- Applicants for Fall 2017
SAT or ACT. Beginning with applicants for fall 2017, we will not require students to submit results for the optional essay of the new SAT or the ACT with writing. See our announcement.
- We require students to submit all test results. We do not accept the SAT Score Choice.
- Admission Interview. For information on how to arrange an interview, see the interviews page.