Required Application Materials
From the Common Application
- Common Application. Submit along with your $70 application fee. Application fee waivers are available to those who can demonstrate unusual financial need. Submit a letter from your counselor to request one. We also honor fee waivers from the College Board and NACAC.
- Required Additional Writing. An additional essay and short answer response is required as part of your Common Application for Harvey Mudd College. Preview the required additional writing topics and questions.
- School Report. This is completed by your counselor and provided with a counselor letter of recommendation.
- Teacher Recommendation from a math or science teacher
- Teacher Recommendation from a humanities, social science, or art teacher
- Official High School Transcript
- College/University Transcript (if applicable). This is not required for any ungraded college enrichment program/courses.
Submit by self-reporting through the Common Application or the HMC Applicant Hub, or requesting an official score report. Only admitted students who choose to enroll at Harvey Mudd College will be required to submit official score reports.
- SAT or ACT. We do not require the optional SAT Essay or the optional ACT Writing.
- Two SAT Subject Tests. One must be in Math Level 2; the other can be in any subject the student chooses.
- Final acceptable test dates
Early Decision I – November test date
Early Decision II – December test date
Regular Decision – December test date (please be aware the SAT January test date is no longer available)
- Admission Interview. For information on how to arrange an interview, see the interviews page.
HMC reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.