Ask a Mudder: Adventures in LA and Claremont

What fun things have you done in LA?

Picture of a stage with performers on it
Glass Animals Concert in LA. Photo Credit: Carmen Benitez

“The best thing I’ve done in the LA area is going to the Rose Bowl Flea Market this summer. The Rose Bowl Flea Market is the biggest flea market on the west coast, held once a month in the Rose Bowl football stadium in Pasedena. I love finding weird stuff at thrift stores and antique malls, so going to a massive flea market was exactly my cup of tea. Among our many finds are a jacket with my last name on it (weird coincidence) and a giant road sign that now sits proudly in my friend’s dorm room.”

“I have gone to The Broad and Last Book Store. I have gotten mochi in Little Tokyo and went to The Observatory.”

“I love going to concerts in LA! LA has such a great music scene it is a great place to see the biggest artists now or see the latest up and coming artist.”

“I went and saw the rocky horror picture show in 2018! I went with my dorme friends and it was a hit – some even got to play a minor role in the show!”

“Went to Korea town”

What is your favorite thing to do in the Claremont Village?

Group of students eating ice cream
A group of Mudders getting ice cream in the village! Photo Credit: Anya Porter

“My favorite thing to do in the Village is going to the Farmers Market that happens there every Sunday. I’m off the meal plan, so I like going to bread, fruit, and veggies, and it’s a really nice way to spend some time away from campus and not worry about homework or classes for an hour or two.”

“Get boba!”

“Seeing movies at the Laemmle”

“I love going to get ice cream with my friends! There is a really great variety of places to go and taking the time to walk down is a great treat at the end of a busy week.”

Written by Malia Morgan