Starting in FA 2020, the course evaluation process is fully online. All qualified courses are evaluated unless eligible faculty opt out. Department chairs will receive additional departmental reports via google drive. All faculty members should see evaluations for all their eligible courses, unless they opted out of the evaluation.
Fall 2020 course evaluations are now uploaded in Sakai.
A few quick observations:
- Students received individual links from Qualtrics for each evaluation to prevent duplicate entry.
- Students in team-taught courses received evaluations from each instructor in the course unless otherwise requested by the teaching team.
- To protect student confidentiality, a minimum of 5 course evaluations are needed to produce reports. In cases where we could combine two sections of the same course by instructor to be able to provide a report, we did so.
- For courses with size less than 5, a 50% response rate is needed to run the report.
- All the written comments are reported verbatim and have not been edited for content, spelling etc.
Response Rate Information: COMING SOON
What’s new for Fall 2020:
- Each course/section will have a link by default. Move from faculty-managed process to OIRE-managed process (through Qualtrics) to reduce faculty burden.
- Online course evaluation duplicates paper form, same as what was used in SP 20, with the exception of drop-down lists for course and section number instead of students having to type in to minimize inconsistency.
- The default survey includes the five (yellow sheet) questions.
- Each department has their own instance in Qualtrics (rather than each course).
- Faculty can view OIRE master google sheet for details (coming soon) including links, default open date (1st class meeting of the course eval week), reminder date, and closing date.
- Faculty can request alternate date(s) and supplemental questions.
- Room for up to 5 supplemental questions.
- Eligible faculty must opt-out of evals by a specified date each semester.
Preview of the current course evaluation: