Course evaluation process will be fully online Fall 2020. All faculty members will receive links for all the courses by default unless opted out by eligible faculty. The faculty will receive links to preview and OIRE will email the links directly to the students as well as reminders. Once evaluation is closed, OIRE will generate reports and upload them to Sakai for individual instructors. Department chairs will receive additional departmental reports via google drive.
What’s new for Fall 2020:
- Each course/section will have a link by default. Move from faculty-managed process to OIRE-managed process (through Qualtrics) to reduce faculty burden.
- Online course evaluation duplicates paper form, same as what was used in SP 20, with the exception of drop-down lists for course and section number instead of students having to type in to minimize inconsistency.
- The default survey includes the five (yellow sheet) questions.
- Each department has their own instance in Qualtrics (rather than each course).
- Faculty can view OIRE master google sheet for details (coming soon) including links, default open date (1st class meeting of the course eval week), reminder date, and closing date.
- Faculty can request alternate date(s) and supplemental questions.
- Room for up to 5 supplemental questions.
- Eligible faculty must opt-out of evals by a specified date each semester.
Preview of the current course evaluation: