Gerald R. Van Hecke Publications
Harvey Mudd College student co-authors are denoted by *
- K.K. Karukstis and G.R. Van Hecke, Chemistry Connections: The Chemical Basis of Everyday Phenomena, Academic Press, San Diego, 1999.
- G.R. Van Hecke and K.K. Karukstis, A Guide to Lasers in Chemistry, Jones and Bartlett, Boston, 1997.
- A.E. Hassel* and G.R. Van Hecke, “The Nature of Phase Transitions in Reentrant 4-cyanobenzoyloxy- 4′-octylbenzoyloxy-p-phenylene CBOBP” Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst., 1999, 330, 53-63.
- G.R. Van Hecke, K.K. Karukstis, and J.M. Underhill*, “Using Lasers to Demonstrate the Concept of Polarizability: Variations in the Refractive Indices of the o-Halobenzenes,” The Chemical Educator, 1997, 2, December issue.
- G.R. Van Hecke, “Liquid Crystals,” in McMillan Encyclopedia of Chemistry, J.J. Lagowski, Ed., McMillan, New York, 1997.
- G.R. Van Hecke, “Complex Questions as Final Examinations in Physical Chemistry,” The Hidden Curriculum: Faculty Made Tests in Science, S. Tobias and J. Raphael, Eds., Plenum Press, New York, 1997.
- G.R. Van Hecke, “Teaching Industrial Chemistry,” Scientific Computing and Automation, 1995, Sept., 30.
- J.M. Sorenson*, and G.R. Van Hecke, “A Thermodynamic Analysis of Reentrant Cyano-ester Liquid Crystal Systems,” J. Phys. Chem., 1994, 98, 10289.
- J.M. Sorenson*, and G.R. Van Hecke, “A Simple Method for Equal Gibbs Analysis of Phase Boundaries,” Calphad, 1994, 18, 329.