Performance Evaluation Forms and Resources
Harvey Mudd College (HMC) recognizes all employees as essential to the overall success of the College. This success is achieved by fostering a work environment in which employees are inspired to perform to the best of their abilities. HMC’s performance management cycle and processes allow supervisors to set expectations for the year and to discuss each employee’s potential contributions toward the achievement of departmental and College goals and objectives.
2020 Performance Evaluation Announcement
The Office of Human Resources is pleased to announce the 2020 performance evaluation period for reviews will be March 1, 2019, through the later of May 31, 2020, or the day evaluations are submitted to Human Resources.
The deadline to return all completed and signed performance evaluations is May 31, 2020.
HMC will strive to use its performance management program to accomplish the following objectives:
- Promote two-way performance-related communications between supervisors and employees that clarify expectations about the roles, goals, and behavioral accountabilities.
- Promote professional growth for employees by helping them in acquiring the desired knowledge and skills.
- Identify the barriers to effective performance and resolve those barriers through coaching and development support.
Forms and resources are available below. In addition, some departments may utilize an online performance review template in Workday. If this applies to you, an Inbox task will be initiated for you to begin your self-assessment in Workday. Please check with your department Vice President for confirmation.
If you are a new supervisor and would like to meet with me about the program and help you with planning or if you have further questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Workday Job Aides
- 2020 Performance Evaluation Self-Assessment (Employee) (PDF)
- 2020 Performance Evaluation (Manager) (PDF)
Performance Evaluation Forms (English)
- Evaluation Form A (Word) – each performance factor is assigned at least one level that describes the staff member’s performance. A section for comments follows each factor.
- Evaluation Form B (Word) – a narrative is written for each performance factor.
- Evaluation Form C (Word) – the entire evaluation is written in a narrative format.
- Mid-Year Performance Check Form (PDF) – this form is a discussion guide for providing and receiving feedback for a mid-year performance check/review.
Performance Evaluation Forms (Spanish)
- Evaluation Form A – Spanish (Word) – each performance factor is assigned at least one level that describes the staff member’s performance. A section for comments follows each factor.
- Evaluation Form B – Spanish (Word) – a narrative is written for each performance factor.
- Managing Your Performance Evaluation – Spanish (PDF)