Health and Welfare Plans
The Benefit Plan Booklet and Statement of Benefit Eligibility contains detailed benefits information regarding medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, supplemental life insurance, and accidental death & dismemberment insurance and is available in English and Spanish.
Coronavirus Benefit Provider Resources
- Anthem Coronavirus Important Facts
- Anthem Coronavirus FAQ
- Anthem Livehealth Flyer
- Anthem LiveHealth FAQ
CARES Act Provision and Retirement Plans
The CARES Act signed into law on March 27, 2020 provides options for you to consider as you navigate financial decisions. The following relief measures are now applicable under the College plan if you meet the eligibility criteria:
- Penalties and withholding are waived for qualified distributions from retirement plan accounts
- Retirement plan loan limits have been increased
- Optional suspension of required minimum distributions (RMDs) for 2020
If you would like to speak to a financial consultant, please log in to your online account at TIAA.org or call TIAA at 855.400.4294.
- Kaiser Coronavirus What you Need to Know Flyer
- Kaiser Coronavirus Lo que debe saber (Spanish)
- Kaiser Telehealth Flyer
- VOYA COVID-19 Coverage
- A diagnosis of COVID-19 would qualify under the Critical Illness benefit and Hospital Indemnity coverage would apply for anyone that is hospitalized with this illness. VOYA has addressed coronavirus concerns related to the insurance products they offer. Page 2 of this document addresses the benefits of the supplemental medical plans added this year.
Benefits Fair (Virtual)
Benefits Open Enrollment Guide and Brochures
Benefit Tip Sheets
- Benefit Technology Resources
- Benefit Technology Resources (Spanish)
- Health Coverage and Your College Dependent
- Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health Resources (Spanish)
Bright Horizons Back-Up Care Advantage Program
- Back-Up Care Login
- Back-Up Care Program Information
- Back-Up Care Program Information (Spanish)
- Guidelines on back-up care related to COVID-19 visit: https://www.brighthorizons.com/covid19
- Information to support parents with young children at home (includes free videos and activities), visit: https://worldathome.brighthorizons.com/
Dependent Collegiate Scholarship Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Discounts, Program and Membership Benefits
- Chaffey Federal Credit Union
- Fun-O-Gram 2021
- Fun Express E-Tickets (Enter “No” when asked if you have a company provided EAC code)
- Schools First Credit Union
Harvey Mudd College provides assistance with evaluation and set up of workstations, ergonomic office configurations, and recommendation of ergonomics equipment. Ergonomics evaluations must be requested by department supervisor to the Office of Human Resources.
Ergonomics equipment is approved and purchased by each department. Contact the Office Of Human Resources at 909.607.9700 for additional information.
Ergonomics and Safety Training
The TCCS Environmental Health and Safety Department provides online ergonomics and safety training for all faculty and staff. For assistance with registering for training, please contact Theresa Lauer at email@example.com.
FSA and HSA Information
Participants in the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) must re-enroll during open enrollment, as current year elections will NOT carry over.
- FSA HSA Primer
- FSA HSA Primer (Spanish)
- Dependent Care FSA – FAQ
- PayFlex Mobile App Guide
- PayFlex Employee Portal Login
Leaves of Absences & Short-Term Disability Insurance (VDI)
- TCCS Short Term Disability and Voluntary Disability Insurance Booklet
- TCCS Voluntary Disability Insurance Benefits Packet
Qualifying Life Event
If you don’t enroll for The Claremont Colleges benefits during the Open Enrollment period each fall, you can’t enroll until the next enrollment period unless you have a qualified family status change, also known as a qualifying life event. To be eligible you must have an event such as the following and submit documentation to Benefits Administration within 31 days of the event and provide necessary documentation:
- Marriage/divorce/legal separation
- Loss of coverage
- Death of your spouse or one of your children
- Change in work status of your spouse/domestic partner
- Employee’s enrollment in Medicare Part B
Retirement Plan Information
- TCCS Retiree Guide 2020
- TCCS Retiree Guide 2019 (Spanish)
- Healthy Numbers – Integrating Healthcare Into Your Retirement Plan
- 2021 Plan Limits Memo
- 2021 ARP Salary Reduction Agreement
- 2020 Academic Retirement Plan Overview
- 2021 HMC Academic Retirement Plan Summary Plan Description
Summary Annual Report
Supplemental Medical Benefits
To help supplement your medical coverage, we are pleased to offer three plans with coverage though Voya. Supplemental plans are not intended to replace medical insurance.
Transition from Non-Exempt to Exempt Employment Status
As part of our ongoing effort to provide a wide range of benefit offerings, we are excited to share the following voluntary plans. Participants pay for these plans with after-tax dollars.
- Auto & Home
- Identity Protection
- Identity Protection (Spanish)
- Legal Assistance
- Legal Assistance (Spanish)
- Pet Insurance
Wellness options are available through both Kaiser and Anthem health insurance providers. The below flyers contain information on available wellness discounts for health and wellness resources.