Sustainability on Campus
Harvey Mudd College recognizes sustainability as one of this century’s biggest challenges.
As part of its new strategic vision, “HMC 2020: Envisioning the Future,” the College is reducing the rate at which it contributes to the depletion of natural resources, incorporating concepts of sustainability into its academic and daily affairs and increasing use of renewable resources.
Harvey Mudd has four LEED-certified buildings, a specially appointed Sustainability Committee and numerous faculty members and students involved in environmental research efforts here and abroad. President Maria Klawe is also a signatory on the American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment.
- HMC Magazine — Sustainability as we see it
- HMC Magazine — HMC Sustainability Reality Check / Recommendations
- Sustainability Throughout The Claremont Colleges
- ESW/MOSS: Engineers for a Sustainable World/Mudders Organizing for Sustainability Solutions
- Environmental Research at Harvey Mudd
- Environmental Audit of the Claremont Colleges: A Claremont Colleges Sustainability Initiative
- LEED-Certified Buildings
- Water: “Los Angeles, Water, and Harvey Mudd College” May 2007 (Word)
- Earth Week