Dorm Damage Charges

The Room Condition Report (RCR) / Damage Assessment procedures are as follows:

Room Condition at Beginning of Your Residential Stay

Prior to your arrival all residential space will have been assessed by a professional from facilities and maintenance. In our continued efforts to be more sustainable and efficient, you will be asked via email to submit an electronic “Room Condition Report” (RCR) and “Common Area Condition Report” (CACR).

Please take your time to carefully inspect your room and common areas for damages citing any preexisting conditions, being as thorough as possible when completing the form. Put any comments you have regarding the condition of your room and common areas in the students’ comment section. If you find you need additional space, there is a section at the bottom of the form for you to make additional comments or add detail regarding any condition/damage.

You are responsible for reviewing the submitted information to ensure that it is completely accurate. There will only be one RCR form per room and one for common areas, which should be signed by you and your roommate/s. Every resident is expected to maintain his or her room as well as the shared and public areas of the residence hall in a reasonably clean and undamaged condition. Signed RCR and CRCR Forms must be submitted by Sept. 7.

Room Condition at End of Your Stay

At the end of your stay, a final damage assessment will be conducted by a facilities and maintenance professional and your submitted RCR and CACR will be referenced. All students will be held accountable for any missing items (e.g. desks, beds, etc.) and damage (beyond normal wear and tear) that isn’t listed on the submitted form.

If you would like to schedule a walk-thru/inspection with staff, please contact the office at to make arrangements for an appointment. An estimated Dorm Damage Billing Reference List is available for review. This list will provide information regarding the costs you may be assessed for dorm damage.

Dorm Damage Appeal Policy

Information on the Dorm Damage Appeal Policy can be found in the Student Handbook.