Biology Research Opportunities at Harvey Mudd College
The HMC Biology Research Program has a number of projects to get involved in. Summer research students in Biology are generally expected to work full-time for 10 weeks during the summer. The exact starting and ending dates are stipulated by the faculty advisor.
All summer research students must agree to:
- Complete pre- and post-research surveys
- Submit a short written summary of their findings
- Present a poster at the HMC Summer Research Celebration in September.
Stipends for 2018 summer research students are expected to be approximately $5,000.
- Check out the projects and advisors (Google Doc).
- Talk to the relevant faculty about the project(s) that interest you.
- Submit an application (Google Form) by February 16, 2018.
This application will require:
- Some basic personal information.
- The projects you’d like to be a part of. (Be sure to talk to project advisors before applying!)
- A one page personal statement outlining your academic interests and career goals, any previous research experience(s), and what you hope to gain by participating in this summer research program.
- The names of two or more HMC faculty and/or previous research advisers whom we could contact as references.
- Information about other summer programs that you are considering.
We will attempt to notify students about positions by early March.
Please contact Prof. McFadden (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have additional questions.