SSHP – Summer Student Housing Program
Harvey Mudd College’s summer research program has provided unique, real research experiences to our students for decades, paving the way for their careers in industry as well as acceptances to prestigious graduate schools. To increase the accessibility of the program, the college is initiating the summer student housing program (SSHP). The SSHP will provide a limited number of awards of 2,000 USD to students in financial need residing on campus during the summer months who are participating in scholarly activity.
To be eligible for an SSHP award, a student must:
- Have applied and qualified for need-based Harvey Mudd College scholarship funds during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Be a full time HMC student during the academic year prior to the summer in question.
- Be conducting at least 10 weeks of summer research or scholarship under the advising of an HMC faculty member.
- Be living in on-campus housing for the 10 weeks of summer research.
- Not be receiving a summer housing allowance from other sources.
Note that the SSHP has a limited budget, and eligibility does not guarantee a student will receive an award.
How to Apply
To apply students must fill out the Need Based Summer Housing – Summer 2022 “form” before 5:00 pm, April 12th, 2022.
The form only requires that you enter your student ID. While students may apply for an SSHP award before being accepted to work with a faculty member, they must secure an advised position with a faculty member by April 22nd, 2022 to receive an award.
April 12, 2022 – Application is due
April 22, 2022 – Student receiving SSHP awards must have secured an advised position with an HMC faculty member
For any questions about the SSHP, please contact Kathy Van Heuvelen (firstname.lastname@example.org).