Grant Proposal Timeline
The following timeline is in place to ensure a timely submission and optimal level of support from the various offices and individuals required to submit the proposal.
The number one rule of grant writing is Start Early!
8-12 weeks before deadline:
- Discuss your proposal concept and timeline with your Chair
- Notify the Office of Sponsored Research of your intent to apply by submitting the Intent to Submit Form
- Schedule Kickoff meeting with Nicole Wallens (OSRP) and Arlene Chubbuck (Business Affairs)
- Set up account on research.gov and add AOR and SPO access (NB: if you are registering for the first time, you will need to register as a PI and request access from Arlene Chubbuck )
- Compile list of all required documents
- (See our checklist and cf requirements of specific solicitation)
2-4 weeks before deadline:
- Submit budget outline and justification to Arlene Chubbuck for approval
2 weeks before deadline:
- Submit project summary and budget to Nicole Wallens for approval and/or letter of support from Chair and/or Dean
1 week before deadline:
- Upload all final documents to submission portal, and notify OSRP when ready for submission