Transcript Requests

Unofficial Transcripts

If you are a current student or if you are an alumnus/a with access to the portal, unofficial transcripts are available on the Harvey Mudd College Portal. Log on, select the “Transcripts” tab and click on “View Unofficial Transcript.” If you are unable to login to the Harvey Mudd College Portal, please request password assistance by contacting the CIS Helpdesk at or 909.607.7777.

Official Transcripts

Official transcripts may be ordered and paid for online. A fee of $5.00 is charged for each electronic transcript and $6.00 for each paper transcript; additional charges apply for overnight or international shipping. There are several options for delivery of your official transcript. When you place your order, you may ask us to:

  • Deliver a secure electronic copy of your official transcript to a specific email address;
  • Deliver a secure electronic copy of your official transcript to the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS);
  • Mail an official hard copy transcript to a specific address; or
  • Hold an official hard copy in the Registrar’s Office for you to pick up.

If you are a current student or if you are an alumnus/a with access to the portal, please log on to the Harvey Mudd College portal, select the “Transcripts” tab and then click on “Official Transcript Request” from the panel on the left of the screen. Click the “Parchment Login” link to open a new window and follow the instructions. Transcripts can be paid for online with a valid credit or debit card.

If you do not have access to the portal, you can self-register for an account on the ordering site.

A Judging Performance Letter (PDF) is sent with all official transcripts.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What exactly is an electronic transcript?

A:  An electronic transcript is an official PDF of your transcript that has been digitally signed, certified and delivered via the Internet to a specified recipient. Transcripts are not sent as email attachments. Recipients download the secure PDF from a secure server using a unique password and link. Before ordering an electronic transcript, please make sure your recipient accepts official electronic transcripts.

Q:  How do I have a paper copy mailed?

A:  Simply request the “Paper Transcript – Mailed” option from our ordering website.

Q:  I ordered an electronic transcript, but the recipient wants a paper copy instead. Can I get a refund?

Sorry, once the transcript has been made available to a recipient, your fee cannot be refunded. It is your responsibility to ensure that the recipient will actually accept electronic transcripts before submitting your order. Paper transcripts can, of course, still be mailed, and that option remains on the order page.

Q:  Do I need an unofficial or official transcript?

A: Ask your recipient which is preferred. Your unofficial transcript is available for download 24/7 via the HMC Portal, if you are a current student or if you are a recent graduate with access to the portal. If you are unable to log in to the HMC Portal, please request password assistance by contacting the CIS Helpdesk at or 909.607.7777.

Q:  I’m applying to medical school. How should I request the transcript?

A: Our transcript vendor has partnered with the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) to receive electronic transcripts. Sending your transcript to AMCAS electronically is the safest and fastest option. Simply select the ‘AMCAS’ document type when placing your order. You will need your AMCAS ID number. Within two hours of requesting your transcript, the AMCAS application portal should reflect that AMCAS has received it. See the AMCAS website for more information.

Q:  I have a cover letter and/or a form I need to send with my transcript. How do I attach it?

A: If the form requires any action from the registrar’s office (a signature, or any fields to be filled in), please send it to us at We will complete the form and send it back to you. You will then be able to upload the form with your transcript order.

If the form requires no action on our part, simply attach a PDF version of the form when placing your order, and it will be sent along with your transcript.

Q:  Do I have to order through the web?

A: Yes, all transcript requests must go through the transcript ordering website.

Q:  How long will it take to process my order?

A: Electronic transcripts are processed within minutes. Mailed orders are sent out the same day if the order is placed before 2 p.m. PST. We do not mail transcripts on Saturdays, Sundays or certain holidays (New Year’s Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or New Year’s Eve Day). Orders placed for pick-up are processed within one business day. Please allow an extra business day for processing if you graduated prior to 1992.

Q:  May I still order and pick up transcripts in the registrar’s office?

A: You are welcome to stop by the office and place an order for a transcript via our student computer. You may also place an order for pick-up in the registrar’s office. Please allow one business day for processing.

Q:  I’m creating a self-registration account and received the following error message: “The account information could not be validated.” What should I do?

A: The system was unable to find you in the database. Please carefully review the information you have submitted for identification. You must enter the last year attended or the last four digits of your social security number. If you chose to enter both, both MUST be correct. If you feel the information is correct and you are still receiving the error message, please contact the HMC registrar’s office at 909.621.8090.

Q:  When will my card be charged?

A: The charge will be pre-authorized when you place the order, but your card will not be charged until the transcript is sent.

Q:  How can I check the status of my order?

A: You can log in to the order site and click on “Order Status” at the top of the page.

Q:  My order was placed on hold.  What should I do?

A: Check the email you received with the hold status for more information on why the hold was placed on your account.

If you have a financial hold please contact the student accounts manager at 909.621.8107 or at Once the hold is removed, your transcript request will be automatically processed. You can check its status as described above.

Q:  When I log in I see this message: “Due to a restriction or hold placed by your school, you are unable to order any documents at this time.” What should I do?

A: A hold has been placed on your account. Please contact the registrar’s office at 909.621.8090 or at Once the hold is removed, you will be able to place an order.

Q:  I’m applying to transfer and filling out the Common Application. What should I do?

A:  We are unable to process online forms for the Common Application at this time. Please log in to the Common Application site and enter as the recommender email. Save the form as a PDF and forward it to us via email. We will complete the form and send it back to you. You will then be able upload the form with your transcript order.

Do you have other questions?

Email with any questions not answered here.