Graduation Applications

A minimum of three graduation applications (one for Commencement; one for your major; one for humanities, social sciences, and the arts) are required of all graduating seniors. Please read the following instructions before completing the applications.

We recommend that you use the student portal to view your current degree audit. The audit will show the completion of the Core and major requirements. You can access your degree audit by clicking the Student tab on the Portal, and then clicking the “My Degree Progress” link on the left hand side of the page. Please click the “Recalculate Student Progress” button at the bottom of the page before reviewing the information. By clicking the button, you will refresh your degree audit so that it displays the most current information.

HSA Graduation Approval

The HSA graduation application is not a form that your HSA advisor fills out. Your HSA advisor needs to sign off on your plan to complete the HSA requirements by reviewing and approving your HSA courses on the HSA Advising Portal.

Major-required courses

List all completed major-required courses as well as those either in progress or planned for Spring 2019. Place “IP” (In Progress) in the grade column for courses that are current or planned for the Spring. If a course has been approved for a substitution (study abroad, summer work, etc.), list the substitute course in the appropriate box and have the appropriate department chair initial beside it. Obtain the signature(s) of your major advisor(s).

Double majors

If you have a double major, a separate graduation application must be completed for each major. If one of your double majors is off-campus, an Off-campus Graduation Application must be completed.

Which catalog should I use?

It is the student’s responsibility to make certain that all degree requirements are satisfied. Students may petition to complete the graduation requirements stated in any Harvey Mudd Catalog in effect during their enrollment at Harvey Mudd, but they may not mix provisions from various catalogs. It will be assumed that you are using the catalog in effect when you started at Harvey Mudd, unless you petition to use a later catalog. Please email with any questions or to petition the college of a change to your governing catalog.