Parent Leadership Council
The Parent Leadership Council (PLC) includes parents of current and recently graduated Harvey Mudd students who are committed to building community among our parents and fostering supportive relationships between parents and the College.
In collaboration with the Office of College Advancement (OCA), the Harvey Mudd College Parent Leadership Council leads by example, serving as ambassadors to fellow HMC parents by encouraging participation in regional, virtual and on-campus events, and inspiring leadership level support through thoughtful outreach and stewardship.
- Consider an Annual Mudd Fundd leadership-level gift ($1,000 or more)
- Serve as an ambassador and resource to the HMC parent community
- Contact donor families to encourage or acknowledge giving
- Host, co-host or attend regional, virtual and/or on-campus events when possible
- Welcome new parents and build relationships
The Annual Mudd Fundd (AMF) provides a way for alumni, parents, faculty, staff, students and other friends to make annual gifts to Harvey Mudd College that, when pooled together, provide a significant source of revenue necessary to fund the ongoing operation of the College. The PLC provides philanthropic support via donations, authoring solicitation appeal letters and through end-of-the-year thank you outreach.
Typical Engagement Opportunities
- Summer Welcome Receptions
- Parent Orientation
- First-year parent outreach
- Family Weekend
- Admitted Students Program
- Projects Day/Commencement events
- Year-end donor outreach
For more information about the Parent Leadership Council, or to explore your own interest in joining, please contact the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations at email@example.com. The PLC Information Sheet provides information about the Parent Leadership Council’s mission and activities at-a-glance.