In an Emergency
In case of emergency call Campus Safety 909.607.2000.
If you call 9-911 from a campus phone or 911 from a cell phone, follow up with a call to Campus Safety.
- Ask the caller questions: Where is the bomb? When is the bomb set to go off? What does it look like?
- Take notes on everything said and be sure to notice any background noise, voice characteristics, etc.
- Report the threat immediately to Campus Safety at 909.607.2000 (ext. 72000).
- Take cover under a desk or table, protecting as much of your body as possible, especially your head and neck.
- Stay away from windows and objects that may fall.
- Do not run outside.
- If outdoors stay in an open area.
- After shaking stops, evacuate to the nearest evacuation area, and report to the building monitors, back up as designated by your department, or other emergency personnel.
- See Emergency Preparedness for additional information on preparing and responding to earthquakes.
- Calmly and quietly walk to the nearest exit.
- Do not use elevators.
- Follow the instructions of evacuation coordinators, or other emergency personnel.
- Visit the Evacuation Plan and Map for additional information.
- Activate the closest fire alarm.
- Evacuate to the nearest evacuation assembly area and report to those around you.
- Call 909.607.2000 and report the location and nature of the fire.
- Read the fire procedures document (PDF) for additional information.
- Evacuate the area of the spill or release.
- Notify those around you to evacuate.
- Call 909.607.2000 and notify Campus Safety of the following: location of release, name of material, and time of release.
- Call 909.607.2000 and report the nature of the illness or injury and the location.
- Immediately notify proctor, supervisors, or facilities and maintenance 909.621.8226.
- Provide medical care as appropriate.
Shelter in Place/Violent Intruder
- Take shelter in a room, office, or building that can be locked from the inside.
- Avoid open areas that cannot be secured such as labs, auditoriums, or hallways.
- Close window, turn off lights, silence phones, computers and radios. Avoid being seen.
- If it is safe to do so, use a cell phone or a computer to check for email or text updates.
- Unless released via emergency notifications, await contact by safety officials.
- Read the shelter in place/violent intruder protocol for more information.