About Campus Life
At the Division of Student Affairs (DSA), we are committed to educating our students to be ethical and caring leaders. We envision a campus that nurtures and develops the whole person. The Office of Campus Life (OCL) fulfills these values by enhancing the overall co-curricular experience of students through the development, exposure and participation in programs and activities. Our OCL staff strives to improve student cooperation and leadership, while preparing students to be responsible advocates and citizens by complementing the institutions academic programs.
Campus Life Learning Outcomes
The Office of Campus Life provides programs and services that support the academic mission of the College and the Standards of Conduct within the HMC Honor Code. Campus Life is about creating programs and services that intentionally maximize a positive impact on students, student leaders and the community in general. Our further objectives include offering programming opportunities and leadership experiences that result in co-curricular involvement as well a connection point for students and the campus community.
- Students will learn to lead in a campus community through participation in impactful and positive leadership experiences and programs.
- Students will gain opportunities to become involved in campus life through programs, governance and co-curricular involvement.
- Students will connect to their community in meaningful and substantive ways through activities, programs and leadership opportunities.
Harvey Mudd hosts a full range of activities, including student government, clubs and organizations, recreation, athletics and community service.
Many of these programs are coordinated through Office of Campus Life.
- The DOS Muchachos (Student Activities Planning team) plans and organizes events for the entire campus
- The Committee for Activities Planning (CAP) of ASHMC organizes non-dorm-based events, usually off-campus
- The Social Committee of ASHMC, Mudd’s student government, handles on-campus parties.
The Claremont Colleges
Harvey Mudd students attend events at all of The Claremont Colleges, such as concerts, speaker series, art exhibits, theater productions, sports and trips.