High Performance Computing Support
CIS helps faculty and students find on and off-campus resources for High Performance Computing (HPC) needs in their research and teaching. CIS Academic and Research Computing Services (ARCS) team provides the following services:
- Parallel processing environment setup for specialized (parallel-ready) software such as Materials Studios, MATLAB, and Mathematica.
- Resource preparation for HPC research and education: XSEDE* and other on-campus HPC resources
- HPC Resources at Harvey Mudd College outlines other computing resources available at the college
* XSEDE Resources and Campus Champions
The Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE) is the most advanced and powerful collection of integrated digital resources and services in the world. It is a single virtual system that scientists can use to interactively share computing resources, data, and expertise. The Scientific Computing Specialist at CIS supports the use of XSEDE resources for your research and teaching. She serves the HMC community as an XSEDE Campus Champion, providing our campuses with direct access to XSEDE and input to its staff, as well as startup resource allocations for use by campus researchers and assistance in using those resources.
Available to faculty, students and staff at HMC.
How to Access the Service
To access the service, please contact the CIS Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org, x77777, 909.607.7777).
- HPC at Harvey Mudd College
- What is XSEDE?
- XSEDE Campus Champion at Harvey Mudd College
- XSEDE (Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment)
- LittleFe Portable Mini Cluster (available for checkout)
- BCCD (Bootable Cluster CD): a live CD packed with complete HPC development environment