CIS is charged with developing and maintaining information technology policies for the College. Policy development is usually led by the CIO, in consultation with appropriate bodies (Board of Trustees, Cabinet, Computing Committee, Department Chairs Committee, Faculty Executive Committee, Claremont Information Technology Committee, Legal Counsel, Departmental IT coordinators).
- Administrative Office Printers Policy
Summary of CIS provision and support of printers for administrative
- Claremont Appropriate Use Policy
Policy governing users of computing resources at all of the Claremont
Colleges. (Also available in printable PDF format.)
- DMCA Notification Policy
Policy regarding notification for potential DMCA violations.
- Dorm Network Resource Policy
Requirements and processes for making available networked resources
from dorm locations at HMC.
- HMC Password Policy
Policy regarding passwords for use by HMC students, faculty and staff.
- HMC Policy on Incidental Personal Use of Information Technology
HMC addendum to the Claremont Appropriate Use Policy.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Fund Policy Policy establishing fund for ongoing upgrade and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Policy on Termination of Employee Email Accounts (HMC Credentials required)
Policy and procedures for removal of email accounts when employees leave the College.