CIS is charged with developing and maintaining information technology policies for the College. Policy development is usually led by the CIO, in consultation with appropriate bodies (Board of Trustees, Cabinet, Computing Committee, Department Chairs Committee, Faculty Executive Committee, Claremont Information Technology Committee, Legal Counsel, Departmental IT coordinators).
- Administrative Office Printers Policy
Summary of CIS provision and support of printers for administrative
- Claremont Appropriate Use Policy
Policy governing users of computing resources at all of the Claremont
Colleges. (Also available in printable PDF format.)
- DMCA Notification Policy
Policy regarding notification for potential DMCA violations.
- Dorm Network Resource Policy
Requirements and processes for making available networked resources
from dorm locations at HMC.
- HMC Password Policy
Policy regarding passwords for use by HMC students, faculty and staff.
- HMC Policy on Incidental Personal Use of Information Technology
HMC addendum to the Claremont Appropriate Use Policy.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Fund Policy (HMC Credentials required)
Policy establishing fund for ongoing upgrade and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Policy on Termination of Employee Accounts (HMC Credentials required)
Policy and procedures for removal of email accounts when employees leave the College.
- Safeguarding Confidential and Sensitive Information Policy and recommended practices for safeguarding confidential and sensitive information held by the colleges.
- CINE Change Management and Communications Protocol. Policy and Procedures for managing changes to CINE (inter and beyond campus networks) infrastructure and services.
- HMC questions for SaaS providers A set of questions that we ask of SaaS and other cloud service providers.