ARCS Educational Technology Tool Support
ARCS supports faculty, staff, and students in their use of educational technology through one-on-one collaborations, workshops, and demos.
What we can help with
- ARCS offers one-on-one consultations to help faculty choose the right Sakai tools for their pedagogical goals.
- We’ll help setup and configure the tools and can also assist with importing and transferring content into Sakai.
- We can also integrate Sakai with other tools such as Mediasite lecture capture and Piazza.
- Google Workplace:
- ARCS can help faculty use the many different tools in G Suite for sharing documents, collaboratively editing documents, creating web sites, and communicating via email and groups.
- Gradescope is an online grading platform that helps make grading faster, more consistent, and fairer. We recently purchased an institutional license so HMC faculty can now use this tool for free.
- ARCS can help faculty setup their courses in Gradescope and link them with their Sakai course sites. Linking the two allows faculty to synchronize the Sakai roster to Gradescope and link Gradescope assignments to the Sakai gradebook.
- Zoom: Zoom is a videoconferencing system that faculty, staff, and students can use to conduct online video meetings and classes. Features include the ability to share screens, record the meetings, separate attendees into breakout rooms, and use a virtual whiteboard.
- ARCS can help faculty set up and configure the iClicker software.
- We can also offer advice on different usage scenarios for implementing the iClickers effectively during class.
- Lecture Capture:
- ARCS can show faculty how to use the lecture capture system and provide advice on effective usage scenarios.
- Lightboard: The Lightboard is an interactive whiteboard that allows a user to draw upon the glass surface and speak to their audience without having to turn their back on them.
- Interactive Whiteboards:
- ARCS can help faculty use the Smartboard or SmartMarkers to capture whiteboard interactions.
- The SmartMarkers can also be used to stream to students’ mobile devices or laptops.
- Anki Flashcards:
- ARCS can help faculty set up Anki and show how to use the system to create custom study decks in order to learn the names and faces of all of the students in their classes.