- XSEDE High Performance Computing Workshop: Big Data, November 1, 2016 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Shanahan 2465 (Registration recommended for hands-on account)
- CIS Week of Workshops! Wednesday, August 26, 2015–Friday, August 28, 2015
- Scientific Computing Workshops: April 30, May 7, and May 21
- Introduction to Sakai Webinar for incoming faculty (recording of webinar)
- CIS Week of Workshops! Monday, August 18, 2014–Friday, August 22, 2014
- Scientific Computing Workshops: October 8, 15, 22 and 29, 2014
- CIS Week of Workshops! Monday, December 15, 2014–Thursday, December 18, 2014
- CIS Week of Workshops! Monday, January 12, 2015–Friday, January 15, 2015
- CIS Week of Workshops! Wednesday, May 20, 2015–Friday, May 22, 2015
Types of Workshops
- Tools for the Task Workshops: A review of tools that can be used to accomplish pedagogical goals such as sharing screens in class, recording handwritten lecture notes, etc. These workshops focus less on the technical details of using a particular tool and more on best practices.
- Diving Deep Workshops: These workshops focus on a specific tool and how to use it. They are more technical in nature and usually offer opportunities for hands on practice.
- Scientific Computing Workshops: Hands-on workshops on specialized software such as Matlab, Mathematica and COMSOL as well as on high performance computing and research computing.