Summer Research Opportunities for Students
Additional Summer Research Opportunities
This is not a comprehensive list, but it will give you a great start. The OCS staff are happy to help you find answers to your questions about the programs, and help you with the application process. Some of these programs might require recommendation letters, resumes, or other materials. Start your search early and do your homework. You can schedule an appointment.
National Science Foundation – lists Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in all applicable disciplines. It includes contact information for all of the programs.
University of California, Irvine Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program – offers a large compilation of multidisciplinary off-campus research opportunities available at other universities, national labs, research institutes, and corporations. These opportunities are linked to a summary and an official website, if available. It is updated yearly.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL)
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab
- Sandia National Labs
- Argonne National Lab
- Department of Homeland Security STEM Summer Internship Program
- RISE (Research Internships in Science and Engineering), Materials Research Lab at UCSB
- Computer Science Research
- Pfizer’s Summer Program
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- NIH Summer Internship Program
- Science Undergrad Lab Internships (SULI)