The Career Guide (PDF) has a section on the various job search methods.
Our web-based recruiting and career information system can be your first step to finding a job. You will see positions that have been posted at all The Claremont Colleges. Starting July 1, 2016, ClaremontConnect will be powered by Handshake.
On Campus Recruiting (OCR)
OCR is coordinated through ClaremontConnect with employers who want to come to campus for interviews. Please read OCR information and The Claremont Colleges agreement.
Online Job Search Tools
BioPharmGuy is a website that lists internships and job opportunities for those looking to work in the biotech field. The website also list company information.
Buzzfile is a comprehensive database of employers by major. Buzzfile has researched and mapped over 150 majors to the companies that primarily employ graduates of those majors, which enables students to discover and research thousands of potential employers. The database has advanced search, filtering, and list generation tools. It has coverage of virtually all companies in the U.S., approximately 18 million companies categorized into 18,000 industries.
CareerBliss a free online career community dedicated to help you find happiness in the workplace. They provide its users with millions of company reviews, employee salaries, and job openings across the United States along with hundreds of great career advice articles written by members of their very own team.”
CareerDean is an online community for students to learn and share career tips with the top software engineers through Q&A. CareerDean provides career advice from professionals regarding topics like how should students market themselves to employers, how to tackle interviews, and how to select between multiple job/internship offers. It’s completely free. Students interested in software engineering can engage with engineers from Apple, Google, Twitter, Microsoft, Facebook, and Amazon to get all sorts of career advice. If you don’t know what to ask, see the popular Q&A’s.
GoinGlobal – jobs here, there, everywhere. GoinGlobal provides expert advice for finding jobs in U.S. and abroad and is accessible from ClaremontConnect, It is packed with country-specific career information; each guide has been developed by a local career specialist, updated annually, and features recommended websites and detailed resource descriptions for vital employment topics.
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guatemala, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE (Dubai), United Kingdom, United States
USA City List
Atlanta, Albuquerque, Austin, Baltimore, Baton Rouge, Boston, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas-FT. Worth, Denver, Detroit, Greenville, Hartford, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Mobile, Nashville, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Raleigh-Durham, Richmond, Rochester, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, St. Louis, Washington, DC
Canada List – Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver.
MindSumo partners with employers to create projects that students can complete to get work experience, win prizes, and be hired for jobs and internships.
Piazza wants to help every student find the right job, just as they now help students find the right answer in their academic courses. Through their site students can stop going to 10 websites – everything they need to know about a company’s culture and interview process is on Piazza. Resumes are delivered directly to each company’s recruiter and the recruiters see when students have responded to an event, right next to their resume. When you upload your resume, recruiters will be able to find and contact candidates directly. Companies like Palantir, Spotify, Pinterest, fitbit, Airbnb, SpaceX, Evernote, Quora, MongoDB, Microsoft and dozens more) chose Piazza to find their engineering interns and new grad hires
Simply upload your resume and update your profile by logging on to www.piazza.com and clicking your name on the top right (note, Piazza Careers is currently only available to students using Piazza for their classes) You’ll be visible to companies, and you’ll be able to view company profiles and upcoming events right away.
Pymetrics is a company that uses neuroscience and data analytics to make recruiting fun, effective and successful. They use a series of neuroscience games to identify and evaluate cognitive and socio-emotional traits, and give students access to a wide variety of companies looking to hire compatible profiles. They currently match students for a variety of different industries and functions, and are adding new partner companies constantly. Log on pymetrics.com, sign up, and complete your profile by playing 12 games and discover companies that are a great fit for you.
Networking is a highly effective, but often underutilized, strategy for finding employment.
- Aerotek – An employment agency offering free temporary staffing, temp-to-hire placement, and permanent placement staffing.
- Altair – Hires engineers for an in-house product design consultancy, which applies state-of-the-art technology to real-world customer problems.
- Kelly Engineering Resources – Specializes in placing engineering professionals in temporary contract, contract-to-hire and full-time employment.
- On Assignment and Lab Support – A leader in job placement, specializing in scientific, information technology, engineering and professional healthcare jobs.
- Educate to Career Salary Calculator – A leading resource for educational attainment to career outcomes data and used by over 5,000 employers and 2,000 campus career centers. Data is derived from: U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Labor Statistics, U.S. Census Bureau, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. Federal Reserve, National Center for Education Statistics, and proprietary resources.
- Glassdoor – Gives an inside look at company salaries, reviews and interview questions for more than 26,000 companies.
- PayScale Salary Calculator – Provides accurate, real-time salary information. In addition, their PayScale’s Guide to Early Career Success offers advice from career experts to help college students and recent grads get started on long, successful careers. Included in the guide are tips advice to help students find a job that aligns with their strengths and passions, how to get hired, negotiate the salary they deserve and become a successful part of any team.