Majors to Careers
The Office of Career Services has developed career monographs or “What Can I Do with a Major in…” to help you see the relationship between a major and a career.
When students are deciding on a major as it relates to a possible career, it often helps them to see what former graduates have done with a degree in that particular major. Thus, these monographs show the following:
- What employers have hired Harvey Mudd graduates
- What job titles they have secured
- The median salary
- What employers have hired students for summer experiences
- The average summer salary
- Where Harvey Mudd graduates have been accepted to graduate school.
- What Can I Do With a Major In Biology (PDF)
- What Can I Do With a Major In Chemistry (PDF)
- What Can I Do With a Major In Computer Science (PDF)
- What Can I Do With a Major In Engineering (PDF)
- What Can I Do With a Major In Mathematics (PDF)
- What Can I Do With a Major In Mathematical and Computational Biology (PDF)
- What Can I Do With a Major In Physics (PDF)
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Handbook also provides useful information on numerous majors as they relate to careers.
- Buzzfile is a comprehensive database of employers by major which enables students to research thousands of potential employers.