Voices of Engagement: Celebrating Harvey Mudd College Community Partnerships
Monday, Sept. 28, 2015, 4—5:30 p.m. RSVP.
Harvey Mudd students, faculty and staff, who have worked with diverse communities in the U.S. and abroad, will discuss their learning and engagement experiences.
See event calendar listing for more information.
Are you looking to make an impact on your community? We are here to support your effort.
As one of the student support offices within the Division of Student Affairs, the Office of Community Engagement works collectively with our campus and the broader community to educate and empower one another to make meaningful contributions to society. We achieve this by facilitating dialogue, sharing expertise and building capacity.
We Seek to Facilitate Dialogue
- by creating safe spaces for sharing ideas, successes, and challenges
- by emphasizing and modeling the importance of listening and reflection
- by fostering and maintaining open communication within and between the campus and the local community
We Seek to Share Expertise
- by cultivating an inclusive and interactive environment for campus and community members to share knowledge, experiences, and traditions
- by recognizing campus and community strengths in order to create and achieve
- by encouraging and promoting the accessibility of shared knowledge for future use
We Seek to Build Capacity
- by nurturing local talent through training, guidance and support
- by increasing the long-term sustainability of projects and initiatives
- by creating and strengthening networks with and between campus and community members and organizations