Faculty Development through NCFDD
NCFDD is a nationally recognized, independent organization dedicated to supporting over 285,000 faculty, graduate students, and postdocs on their path to successful academic careers. They provide an array of resources including professional development programs, training, and mentoring support.
As an Institutional Member of NCFDD, we encourage faculty members and academic professionals from all levels to sign up for a complimentary sub-account membership. This gives you exclusive access to their expansive online resources, including an array of webinars, resources, and programs.
To Activate Your Membership
- Go to www.NCFDD.org
- Select the “Become a Member” tab and scroll down to “Is your institutional already a member?”
- Select “Harvey Mudd College” as your institution
- Complete the registration form using your HMC email address
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive a welcome email
NCFDD Membership Offerings
NCFDD content covers a broad spectrum of topics integral to academic life, such as techniques to enhance writing productivity, effective strategies for time management and prioritization, developing mentor relationships, strategies for securing external funding, and finding a healthy work-life balance. Access to NCFDD’s member platform offers a multitude of benefits including:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Hidden Handbook series
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Unlimited access to the Member Library that includes webinar materials
- Accountability Buddy Matches
- 14-Day Writing Challenge: a 2-week free offering to foster consistent, productive writing habits and access to our WriteNow platform. Participants commit to daily writing, track progress, and engage with a supportive community
The Faculty Success Program (FSP) is a potent and comprehensive program aimed at increasing productivity and promoting work-life balance among faculty. It includes weekly training modules, small-group accountability calls, online community access, and one-on-one coaching opportunities. This program has an additional cost. Learn more about the program.
Post-Tenure Pathfinders Program is designed to guide FSP Alumni on charting their unique path after attaining tenure. The program focuses on mid-career transition and how to maintain momentum and significance in academia post-tenure. This program has an additional cost. Learn more about the program.
1-on-1 Coaching offers individualized guidance, problem-solving, and support to FSP Alumni. It’s a personalized approach to mentoring where faculty members receive additional dedicated attention from our trained and experienced FSP coaches. This offering has an additional cost. Learn more about this offering.
The Teaching Toolkit Program provides faculty with an array of practical tools designed to enhance teaching effectiveness and student engagement. The program is rooted in research-based principles of pedagogy and offers strategies that can be immediately implemented. Through this platform, faculty members have access to a wealth of resources that address various aspects of teaching, such as designing an inclusive syllabus, creating engaging lectures, shaping effective assessments, and managing classroom dynamics. This program has an additional cost. Learn more about this program.