Dean of the Faculty Staff
Dean’s Office Staff
Assistant to the Dean
Other Offices and People Reporting to the Dean of the Faculty
Core Curriculum Director
- Oversees Core scheduling, staffing and assessment
- Facilitates development of electives for first year students, both at Harvey Mudd and in the 5-Cs
- Department Chairs Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Academic Affairs Committee
- Trustee’s Academic Affairs Committee
Associate Dean for Diversity
- Co-director of Summer Institute
- Co-organizer of the Harvey Mudd Mentoring Program
- Promotes faculty diversity and inclusion
Associate Dean for Research and Experiential Learning
- Spearheads and supports efforts to broaden the summer research and experiential learning program.
- Provides opportunities for faculty members to develop their ability to seek, obtain, and administer grants from external agencies.
- Works with the Research Committee to award internal college funding.
- Oversees the summer research program
Associate Dean for Faculty Development
- Co-coordinate the 5-C New Faculty Workshop for incoming tenure-track faculty.
- Host a new faculty orientation for Harvey Mudd faculty.
- Host weekly professional development lunches for 1st and 2nd year faculty.
- Identify (and develop programming to address) professional development needs of post-tenure faculty.
Director of Accessible Education and Coordinator of Special Projects
- Oversees efforts to provide equal access to campus programs and activities for all members of the college community, including coordinating and overseeing academic accommodations for students with disabilities in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Works closely with other Accommodation/Disability Advisors and Coordinators among The Claremont Colleges and with various offices in the Claremont University Consortium that provide services to students.
- Manages special projects within the purview of the Dean of the Faculty’s Office including but not limited to projects related to accreditation, space and building, grants writing, budgeting, and visiting delegations.
Assistant Vice President of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Laura Palucki Blake
- Partners with academic and administrative units to develop and manage comprehensive institutional research, assessment and strategic planning to support the curricular, analytical, informational, reporting needs of the college.
- Coordinates and manages the WASC accreditation process, including serving as the institution’s liaison to the accrediting agency; assisting in the implementation of programmatic and assessment modifications and improvements
- Collects, prepares and disseminates results in response to internal requests for information; coordinates data collection and responses to external surveys and requests for information.
Director of Corporate Relations
- Manages the College’s comprehensive corporate relations program to promote the College within the corporate sector
- Works closely with clinic directors and the academic community in the implementation of the Clinic Program, including assembling the annual project portfolio
- Develops partnership opportunities and funding sources to support college-based needs and programs
- Directs the Board of Trustees’ Clinic Advisory Committee
- Works closely with the Office of Career Services to foster corporate relationships and promote career development
- Works with other campus partners to coordinate additional corporate partnership opportunities including the President’s Scholars Program, campus visits and other special events and activities
Assistant Director of Corporate Relations
- Coordinates special events, campus tours, and other corporate, sponsor and donor-related stewardship activities
- Assists with the coordination of Projects Day
- Coordinates spring weekly Clinic post-presentation luncheons
- Coordinates travel for director and clinic directors
- Handles administrative and budget details for corporate relations unit
Director of Learning Programs
- Oversees the Harvey Mudd Writing Center
- Oversees the Academic Excellence Program
- Member (ex officio) of Core Coordinators Committee
Director of Study Abroad
- Oversees the Harvey Mudd Study Abroad Program
- Organizes outreach and recruitment for the Harvey Mudd Study Abroad program
- Counsels students on all aspects of the study abroad process
- Develops and coordinates study abroad promotional programs, informational materials and various orientations sessions
- Chairs the Study Abroad Committee
Director of Upward Bound
Angie Covarrubias Aguilar
- Supervises Upward Bound staff, conducting staff meetings, staff training and evaluation, and personnel management
- Prepares, allocates and controls budget
- Coordinates all programs and student academic assessment activities
- Coordinates program evaluation and annual performance reports
- Facilitates commitment of resources
- Prepares funding proposals
- Supervises recruitment and selection of new Upward Bound participants
- Organizes outreach efforts to parents, target school staff, the Harvey Mudd community, local community organizations, summer mentors and supporting agencies and programs