Dean of the Faculty Staff
Dean’s Office Staff
Assistant to the Dean
Other Offices and People Reporting to the Dean of the Faculty
Core Curriculum Director
- Oversees Core scheduling, staffing and assessment
- Facilitates development of electives for first year students, both at Harvey Mudd and in the 5-Cs
- Department Chairs Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Academic Affairs Committee
- Trustee’s Academic Affairs Committee
Associate Dean for Diversity
- Co-director of Summer Institute
- Co-organizer of the Harvey Mudd Mentoring Program
- Promotes faculty diversity and inclusion
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Monitors academic workload and progress, especially for the College Core
- Coordinates the First-Year Advising Program
- Reviews and approves student overloads and incompletes
- Oversees the Off-Campus Major, Program of Transfer Studies and Individual Program of Studies
- Chairs the Academic Affairs Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Trustees’ Student Affairs Committee
- Scholarly Standing Committee
Associate Dean for Research and Experiential Learning
- Spearheads and supports efforts to broaden the summer research and experiential learning program.
- Provides opportunities for faculty members to develop their ability to seek, obtain, and administer grants from external agencies.
- Works with the Research Committee to award internal college funding.
- Oversees the summer research program
Associate Dean for Faculty Development
- Co-coordinate the 5-C New Faculty Workshop for incoming tenure-track faculty.
- Host a new faculty orientation for Harvey Mudd faculty.
- Host weekly professional development lunches for 1st and 2nd year faculty.
- Identify (and develop programming to address) professional development needs of post-tenure faculty.
Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Laura Palucki Blake
- Partners with academic and administrative units to develop and manage comprehensive institutional research, assessment and strategic planning to support the curricular, analytical, informational, reporting needs of the college.
- Coordinates and manages the WASC accreditation process, including serving as the institution’s liaison to the accrediting agency; assisting in the implementation of programmatic and assessment modifications and improvements
- Collects, prepares and disseminates results in response to internal requests for information; coordinates data collection and responses to external surveys and requests for information.
Director of Corporate Relations
- Manages the College’s comprehensive corporate relations program to promote the College within the corporate sector
- Works closely with clinic directors and the academic community in the implementation of the Clinic Program, including assembling the annual project portfolio
- Develops partnership opportunities and funding sources to support college-based needs and programs
- Directs the Board of Trustees’ Clinic Advisory Committee
- Works closely with the Office of Career Services to foster corporate relationships and promote career development
- Works with other campus partners to coordinate additional corporate partnership opportunities including the President’s Scholars Program, campus visits and other special events and activities
Coordinator, Corporate Relations
- Coordinates special events, campus tours, and other corporate, sponsor and donor-related stewardship activities
- Assists with the coordination of Projects Day
- Coordinates spring weekly Clinic post-presentation luncheons
- Coordinates travel for director and clinic directors
- Handles administrative and budget details for corporate relations unit
Director of Learning Programs
- Oversees the Harvey Mudd Writing Center
- Oversees the Academic Excellence Program
- Member (ex officio) of Core Coordinators Committee
Director of Study Abroad
- Oversees the Harvey Mudd Study Abroad Program
- Organizes outreach and recruitment for the Harvey Mudd Study Abroad program
- Counsels students on all aspects of the study abroad process
- Develops and coordinates study abroad promotional programs, informational materials and various orientations sessions
- Chairs the Study Abroad Committee
Director of Upward Bound
Angie Covarrubias Aguilar
- Supervises Upward Bound staff, conducting staff meetings, staff training and evaluation, and personnel management
- Prepares, allocates and controls budget
- Coordinates all programs and student academic assessment activities
- Coordinates program evaluation and annual performance reports
- Facilitates commitment of resources
- Prepares funding proposals
- Supervises recruitment and selection of new Upward Bound participants
- Organizes outreach efforts to parents, target school staff, the Harvey Mudd community, local community organizations, summer mentors and supporting agencies and programs