Community Engagement for Students
Community engagement enhances students’ skills in areas such as putting theory into practice, understanding ethical issues, and recognizing community needs and assets. Community engagement gives students an opportunity to experience the intersect between technology and social justice. The Office of Community Engagement (OCE) can assist by:
- Making initial contact and keeping active communication with community partner
- Providing logistical support
- Facilitating community partner agreements
- Creating a plan that meets both the mission of student organization and community partner
- Advising student organizations
We invite you to learn more about existing curricular and co-curricular programs (at HMC or 5C). If you are interested in exploring a new community engagement activity, we encourage you to stop by and share your idea with us.