“Footprints” Help Desk Ticket Tracking System
“Footprints” is a ticket tracking system used by CIS to track help requests. Emailing email@example.com will create a new ticket. After creation, an automated reply is sent via email from “HMC CIS Support” to notify the customer that a ticket has been created, and similarly for all updates to the ticket. Customers can send updates to tickets by replying to the generated emails. Notification is sent when a ticket has been closed with the opportunity for feedback through a survey.
Available to faculty, students and staff at HMC.
How to Access the Service
- Tickets can be created by CIS.
- Tickets are generated when an email is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submitting a Help Desk Request Form, Laptop Reservation Request, or AV Request Form also generates a ticket.
- Requests for after hours support must be made at least 1 week in advance
- All CIS Services can be requested using a ticket