Harvey Mudd College seeks to educate engineers, scientists, and mathematicians well versed in all of these areas and in the humanities and the social sciences so that they may assume leadership in their fields with a clear understanding of the impact of their work on society.
When Maria Klawe was installed as the fifth president of Harvey Mudd College in 2006, she shared with the Harvey Mudd community the results of a year of planning and discussion on campus and across the country. “HMC 2020: Envisioning the Future” is an ambitious outline of the college’s aspirations for the next decade, and beyond.
The new vision revolves around six themes:
- Innovation, Leadership, and Impact, Especially in Engineering, Science and Mathematics
- Focus on Experiential and Interdisciplinary Learning
- Unsurpassed Excellence and Diversity at All Levels
- Nurturing and Developing the Whole Person
- Global Engagement and Informed Contributions to Society
- Improvement of Infrastructure and Resources to Support Harvey Mudd’s Commitment to Excellence and Building Community