A month-by-month list of preparations for Commencement.
- Share the schedule of Commencement events and hotel accommodations with family members planning to attend in May.
- Have your family make hotel reservations for the event, if they have not done so already. All five undergraduate colleges host Commencement the same weekend, so hotels full up quickly! Check out our updated list of hotels.
- Jostens Grad Fair will be on campus Thursday Feb. 23, 2017 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. at the Platt Campus Center courtyard. See the Grad Fair flyer (PDF). You may also order directly from Jostens.
- Select a location for your celebration meal after Commencement and make your reservations in advance!
- Sherwood Florist, a local business, is offering pre-sale only flower leis for Commencement. They can be ordered and paid for directly through their website and picked up the day of Commencement on the HMC campus.
- Mail announcements to friends and family by April 15, 2017. Announcements are customarily sent one month prior to event.
- Audition to be the student speaker at Commencement or a speaker at the Senior Lunch. The audition email will be sent by the Senior Class co-presidents.
- Beginning of May, pick up your cap and gown from the dean of students office. Date TBA
- Complete a Senior Survey in order to receive your cap and gown; career services will contact you directly with further information.
- All graduates must attend rehearsal on Saturday, May 13, 2017, at 3:00 p.m.
- GradImages is the official photographers of our Commencement ceremony. Students will receive an information card when they pick up their cap and gown (in May). If a student returns the information card to student affairs, they will receive direct communication from GradImages after Commencement with the option to purchase photos. A coupon for $5 off GradImages orders of $25 or more is available by registering your information with GradImages before Commencement.
- Vacating residence halls: Graduating seniors must check out of their dorm room by 8 a.m. Monday, May 15.