Graduate Checklist: Class of 2023
Following is a month-by-month list of preparations for Commencement. All activities are dependent upon guidelines from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. Masks, even outdoors, may be required. Proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test may be required.
- Share the schedule of Commencement events and hotel accommodations with family members and friends planning to attend in May.
- Have your family and friends make hotel reservations for the event, if they have not done so already. All five undergraduate colleges host Commencement the same weekend, so hotels fill up quickly! Check out our updated list of hotels.
- Jostens Grad Fair will be on campus mid-February 2023, 11 a.m.–1 p.m., at the Hoch-Shanahan Dining Commons courtyard. Check out this year’s Grad Fair flyer here. You may also order directly from Jostens. Graduation announcements may be ordered from Jostens at the fair or online.
- Select a location for your celebration meal after Commencement and make your reservations in advance!
- Order flower leis if desired. Sherwood Florist, located within walking distance of campus, is offering pre-sale only flower leis for Commencement. They can be ordered and paid for directly through their website and picked up the day of Commencement on the HMC campus.
- Mail announcements to friends and family by April 14, 2023. Announcements are customarily sent one month prior to event.
- Audition to be the student speaker at Commencement or a speaker at the Senior Lunch. The audition email will be sent by the Senior Class co-presidents.
- First week of May, pick up your cap and gown at Cap and Gown Day, sponsored by DSA, Date and location TBA
- Complete a Senior Survey in order to receive your cap and gown; Career Services will contact you directly with further information.
- All graduates must attend rehearsal on Saturday, May 13, 2023, at 3 p.m.
- GradImages is the official photographers of our Commencement ceremony. Students will receive an information card when they pick up their cap and gown. If a student returns the information card to the Office of Career Services, they will receive direct communication from GradImages after Commencement with the option to purchase photos. A coupon for $5 off GradImages orders of $25 or more is available by registering your information with GradImages before Commencement.
- Vacating residence halls: Graduating seniors must check out of their dorm room by Noon on Monday, May 15, 2023.
Caps and Gowns
The Office of the Registrar will contact graduates in December to order a cap and gown. The charge will be applied to their student account during the spring semester. Caps and gowns will be available for pick-up the first week of May.
Parking and Accessibility
Parking will be available in all Harvey Mudd College parking lots and on the south side only of Foothill Blvd. You may drop off passengers along Dartmouth Ave., but since out events will end at Harvey Mudd you will want to be parked near our campus.
There is no accessible parking at the commencement site although it is available on the Harvey Mudd campus. The commencement site is accessible by wheelchair and has spaces for wheelchair users.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call the Division of Student Affairs office at 909.621.8125.