A month-by-month list of preparations for Commencement.
- Pass on the schedule of Commencement events and hotel accommodations for family planning to attend in May.
- Have your family make hotel reservations for the event, if they have not done so already. All five undergraduate colleges host Commencement the same weekend so hotels full up quickly! Check out our updated list of hotels here.
- Order cap and gown. Deadline February 16, 2015, email will be sent to Senior Class when they return from winter break.
- Jostens Grad Fair will be on campus Feb. 26, 2015 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. at the Platt Campus Center courtyard. You may also order directly from Jostens.
- Select your location for your celebration dinner after Commencement and make your reservations in advance!
- Mail announcements to friends and family by April 15, 2015. Announcements are customarily sent one month prior to event.
- Audition to be the student speaker at Commencement or a speaker at the Senior Lunch. Email for auditions will be sent by the Senior Class Co-Presidents
- Beginning of May pick up your cap and gown from the dean of students office.- Date TBA
- Complete a Senior Survey in order to receive your cap and gown; career services will contact you directly with further information.
- All Graduates must attend rehearsal on Saturday May 16, 2015 at 3:00 p.m.
- Vacating residence halls: graduating seniors must check out of their dorm room by 8 a.m. Monday, May 18.