A month-by-month list of preparations for Commencement.
- Pass on the schedule of Commencement events and hotel accommodations for family planning to attend in May.
- Have your family make hotel reservations for the event, if they have not done so already. All five undergraduate colleges host Commencement the same weekend so hotels full up quickly! Check out our updated list of hotels.
- Jostens Grad Fair will be on campus Feb. 25, 2016 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. at the Platt Campus Center courtyard. See the Grad Fair flyer (PDF). You may also order directly from Jostens.
- Select your location for your celebration dinner after Commencement and make your reservations in advance!
- Sherwood Florist, a local florist, is offering pre-sale only flower leis for Commencement. They can be ordered and paid for directly from their website to be picked up the day of Commencement on our campus.
- Mail announcements to friends and family by April 15, 2016. Announcements are customarily sent one month prior to event.
- Audition to be the student speaker at Commencement or a speaker at the Senior Lunch. Email for auditions will be sent by the Senior Class Co-Presidents
- Beginning of May pick up your cap and gown from the dean of students office.- Date TBA
- Complete a Senior Survey in order to receive your cap and gown; career services will contact you directly with further information.
- All Graduates must attend rehearsal on Saturday May 14, 2016 at 3:30 p.m.
- Grad Images are the official photographers of our Commencement ceremony. Your student will receive an information card when they pick up their cap and gown (in May). If your student returns the information card to our office you will receive direct communication from Grad Images after Commencement with the option to purchase any photos. A coupon for $5 off orders of $25 or more by registering your information with Grad Images before Commencement is attached to this email.
- Vacating residence halls: graduating seniors must check out of their dorm room by 8 a.m. Monday, May 16.