Applying to FAST
Who should apply to FAST?
The FAST program is open to all high school seniors (or equivalent) that are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and live in the United States or Puerto Rico. Undocumented students are also welcome to apply to FAST although ultimately they would apply for first-year admission to HMC and need-based financial aid as international students. Our funding for international student financial aid is limited.
Interested high school seniors or other students (US citizens and permanent residents) intending to enter college in Fall 2024 are welcome to apply. We encourage students from groups historically underrepresented in STEM to apply – women, Black, Indigenous, Latinx, students from low income backgrounds, rural backgrounds, students with disabilities, and students who are first-generation to college.
Harvey Mudd is a highly selective institution and admission to FAST is reflective of this fact. Interest in engineering, math, and science, as demonstrated through your course selection, grades, test scores (if submitted) and application essay, will factor heavily into the FAST application process.
Deadline to apply for the program is Monday, August 14th, 2023 at 12:00 pm PT.
- Online application form
- Upload a resume OR list your extracurricular activities, honors, jobs, etc below. Here you can learn tips on how to write a resume from Harvey Mudd College students.
- Unofficial high school transcripts, including final junior year grades* (will accept screenshots or scanned copies of electronic grade books, report cards, etc.)
*Resume and transcripts should be uploaded as attachments while completing online form. Please do NOT send these materials via email, fax, or regular mail, as we will be unable to pair them with your application. Be aware that you will be unable to save your progress on the application form – we suggest gathering these materials before you begin filling out the FAST application.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Important Links You Should Check Out!
- President’s Scholars Program
- HMC Office of Institutional Diversity
- Division of Student Affairs Resource Guide. Opens in new tab