Future Achievers in Science and Technology (FAST)
September 28-30 & November 9-11*
The Future Achievers in Science and Technology (FAST) program provides high-achieving, college-bound high school seniors with an opportunity to travel to campus, stay in our residence halls, visit classes and research labs, complete an admission interview, and much more. The FAST program is FREE (including overnight accommodations, meals, and transportation to campus).
The FAST program is intended for students from groups traditionally underrepresented in STEM – women, underrepresented minorities, students from low income or rural backgrounds, students with disabilities, students who are first-generation to college.
*Students can express their date preference on the FAST application.
Things to know
FAST invitees will:
- Get an inside-look into Harvey Mudd by spending almost two days on our campus.
- Learn about the HMC experience from current Harvey Mudd students, professors, and deans.
- Interact with other college-bound students from around the nation who share their passion for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Receive a fee waiver for their 2018 first-year application to HMC.
Preview this year’s program here:
- FAST 2017 Sample Schedule (Google Docs)
Isabel Martos-Repath, Class of 2018
FAST gave me a unique opportunity to explore Harvey Mudd College and understand what this school is about. Meeting current and other prospective students, interacting with professors, attending classes, and experiencing a bit of the community here helped me realize Mudd was where I wanted to study.
Learn more about Isabel and other FAST alumni experiences in our FAST Outcomes page.
Get the Word Out!
Check out our FAST Frequently Asked Questions!
Can’t find an answer to your question? Contact Assistant Director of Admission Maureen Ruiz-Sundstrom at email@example.com.