Future Achievers in Science and Technology (FAST)
2020 Dates: September 26 and October 10
The Future Achievers in Science and Technology (FAST) program is free to apply to and free to attend if invited. The program provides high-achieving, college-bound high school seniors with an opportunity to interact with Harvey Mudd students, professors and other college-bound students who share a passion for the STEM fields. FAST will be an online program running on three separate dates. FAST participants will learn first hand about our campus community by getting to know and working with current students and admission staff via virtual mini groups. FAST will also have sessions to learn about research, student life and a session to ask admission staff any questions you have about our admission process.
The FAST program is intended for students from groups traditionally underrepresented in STEM – women, underrepresented minorities, students from low income or rural backgrounds, students with disabilities, students who are first-generation to college.
- Apply to FAST! _ Deadline: September 13th
- Due to the concerns surrounding COVID-19, our FAST program will look a little different this year as the program will go virtual. The College is excited to welcome a new FAST cohort to explore Harvey Mudd College through virtual experiences and programming through three half-day programs on Saturday, August 22, Saturday, September 26 and Saturday, October 10.
Please review this message from Thyra Briggs, Vice President of Admission for more information on our office’s response to COVID-19.
Things to know
FAST invitees will:
- Learn about the HMC experience from current Harvey Mudd students, professors, and deans.
- Interact with other college-bound students from around the nation who share their passion for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Receive a fee waiver for their first-year application to HMC.
Preview this year’s program here:
Mini groups: Meet a Admission staff and a current Mudd student
Student social hour: Learn about what makes Mudd, Mudd
Chat with professors about their research
Hear our students present their research and clinic projects
Get Muddy: Ask admission staff members anything you want to know about our process
Please be aware that the schedule is likely to change as we get closer to the event. We are working hard to create the best program possible, so we appreciate your patience and flexibility. We will do our best to keep this website up-to-date as details change.
Camille, Class of 2021
“… for for the first time, I was able to see what it was like to be surrounded by students interested not only in STEM, but in a challenging yet collaborative environment.”
Learn more about other FAST alumni experiences in our FAST Outcomes page.
Get the Word Out!
Do you know someone perfect for this program? Tell them all about it https://www.hmc.edu/admission/fast/
Check out our FAST Frequently Asked Questions!
Can’t find an answer to your question? Contact Assistant Director of Admission Roberto Peña at email@example.com.