Virtual Admitted Student Program
Thank you for joining us for our Virtual ASP!
We recorded Virtual ASP and the Q&A Breakout Rooms. We will process these recordings and hope to make them available as soon as possible. In the meantime, here are the Mudd in a Minute videos we shared during the program.
Update: The Event Recordings are now available.
Mudd in a Minute Videos
Introducing the McGregor Computer Science Center
The Residence Halls
Places to Eat
Maker Culture + Wheels on Campus
Art on Campus (dance, music, theater, visual arts)
Life on Campus
Saturday, April 4, 2020, 9am – 12pm PDT
We may not be able to host a traditional Admitted Student Program, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the things that matter and will help you make this important decision!
We can still introduce you to HMC, answer your questions, and help you fall in love with our community. Regardless of your choice at the end of this process, we hope our Virtual Admitted Student Program not only shows you exactly what we have to offer, but also how much you offer our community and Mission. Let’s-a go!
|The Co-curricular Experience|
|Introduction to the Honor Code|
|What Mudders Do for Fun|
|Life After Mudd|
|Words from an HMC Parent|
|Q&A Breakout Rooms|
Q&A Breakout Rooms
Saturday, April 4, 2020, 11:45am – 1:45pm PDT
Have some questions after Virtual ASP? Join us in our Q&A Breakout Rooms where current students and families, faculty, alumni, and staff will have the answers!
- Campus Life – This Q&A is now closed
Q&A with a panel of current students
Hosted and moderated by Lin Yang ’16, Assistant Director of Admission and Hannah Larson, a current senior and our favorite intern.
- Family Voices – This Q&A is now closed
Q&A with a panel of family of current students
Hosted and moderated by Raissa Diamante, Director of Enrollment Strategies and Operations and Kira Favakeh, a current senior and our favorite intern.
- Teaching & Learning – This Q&A is now closed
Q&A with a panel of our amazing faculty
Hosted and moderated by Thyra Briggs, Vice President of Admission and Financial Aid and Sidd Chandra, a current senior and our favorite intern.
- Life After Mudd – This Q&A is now closed
Q&A with a panel of alumni and soon-to-be grads
Hosted and moderated by Jason Santiago ’07, Associate Director of Admission and Holly Frank, another soon-to-be grad and our favorite intern.
- General Questions – This Q&A is now closed
Last and certainly not least, a panel of our very own and very best:
Peter Osgood, Director of Admission
Maureen Ruiz-Sundstrom ’10, Associate Director of Admission (habla español)
Roberto Peña, Assistant Director of Admission (habla español)
Sol Cruz, current senior and our favorite intern (habla español)
* Yes, they are all our favorite.
Other ways to learn about Harvey Mudd
- Stay in-the-know of all things Mudd on the 42 Days of ASP website or the @hmcadmission instagram account
- Do you have questions for the Office of Financial Aid? Here are some Commonly Asked Questions (PDF opens in a new tab). You can also sign up for a Financial Aid appointment! You must complete a Release of Information Form (PDF opens in a new tab). and submit it to email@example.com prior to your appointment.
- Do you have other questions? Fill out the Ask a Mudder form! Students can also use this form to request an appointment for family members. While only admitted students can submit this form, our staff is ready to answer family members’ questions in English or Spanish!
- Enjoy a glimpse of Harvey Mudd! Check out our playlist:
Regarding COVID-19 and our Admitted Student Program
Recently, President Maria Klawe released a message to the Harvey Mudd Community, updating the college’s response to COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus). As an office, we have been watching the national response and recommendations and have made decisions regarding our visitation policies and upcoming programming.
Effective Tuesday, March 10th, we will be cancelling all campus tours, information sessions, overnights and interviews, and we will be closing our office to the public. We encourage prospective students to learn more about the college through our blogs and our website, and we hope to provide other opportunities to learn about Harvey Mudd through other virtual options.
Given the recommendation to avoid large gatherings of people, we are cancelling the on-campus President’s Scholars and Admitted Students programs.