We invite students from the 5-Cs to join our Upward Bound tutoring team and motivate dedicated high school students from the East San Gabriel Valley! All 5-C students interested in volunteering are encouraged to apply for one of our 60 tutoring positions each semester. Additionally, we consider applicants from all 5-C students with a work-study allotment (HMC, CMC, Pitzer or Scripps) and all Pomona students.
Various Shifts Available
- Saturday: 8–10:45 a.m., only nine Saturdays throughout the semester. Work with the same 2–3 students every session (via Zoom)
- Wednesdays and/or Thursdays: 3–5 p.m., join a team of tutors at our weekly study hall sessions (at various high schools)
- Commit to the same shift.
Compensation and Training
- Upward Bound pays the hourly rate approved by your college.
- No experience required!
- Mandatory training provided before start date.
How to Apply
Read through the Job Description (PDF).
Complete the New Tutor Interest Form (Fillable PDF) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call the Upward Bound office at 909.621.8123 as soon as possible to schedule a brief interview. We conclude hiring within the first couple of weeks of each semester’s start.