Upward Bound Tutor Opportunities
We invite students from the 5Cs to join our Upward Bound tutoring team and motivate dedicated high school students from the East San Gabriel Valley! All 5C students who are interested, are encouraged to apply for one of our 50 tutoring positions each semester. We consider applicants from all 5C students with a work-study allotment (HMC, CMC, Pitzer or Scripps) and all Pomona students.
Various Shifts Available
- Saturday: 8:00–10:45 a.m., only nine Saturdays throughout the semester. Work with the same small group of students every session
- Wednesdays and/or Thursdays: 2:30–6:00 pm., join a team of tutors at our weekly study hall sessions (at various high schools/transportation is provided)
- Commit to the same shift.
Compensation and Training
- Upward Bound pays the hourly rate approved by your college.
- No experience required!
- Mandatory training provided before start date.
How to Apply
Read through the Job Description (PDF).
Complete the New Tutor Interest Form (Fillable PDF) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call the Upward Bound office at 909.621.8123 as soon as possible to schedule a brief interview. We conclude hiring within the first couple of weeks of each semester’s start.