Welcome to Disability Resources!
The Office of Disability Resources at Harvey Mudd College is committed to offering support to all students as they engage in the rigorous, fast-paced curriculum. Partnering with the 5C Student Disability Resource Center (SDRC), we provide co-curricular programs, training, and services to encourage student development in personal, social, and academic domains as they engage transitioning from high school to college. To that end, we partner with faculty, staff and students to create a climate of inclusion and diversity, where students with disabilities are included as integral contributors to our intellectual community.
Our objectives in providing ability-related services are to:
- ensure the effective delivery of reasonable accommodations;
- promote access through outreach and training for faculty, staff, and students;
- support students with disabilities in developing self-advocacy; and
- partnering with faculty in creating inclusive learning environments based on the principles of Universal Design
Through faculty, staff, and peer support, as well as formalized accommodations, we encourage students to become confident advocates for their educational experiences at HMC.
Student Disability Resources
Quick Links to learn more
- Information regarding accommodations including common accommodations provided
- Requesting accommodations and services
- General documentation guidelines
- Student, Faculty, & Disability Resources responsibilities
- Appeal and grievance procedures
- Federal laws & legal precedents
- HMC Division of Student Affairs (DSA)
- Claremont Colleges Student Disability Resource Center (SDRC)
- Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS)
- Student Health Services (SHS)
- Health Education Outreach (HEO)
- Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes