HMC Expert: Jason Gallicchio
Jason Gallicchio, PhD, specializes in experimental cosmology—the study of the origin and evolution of the universe. Gallicchio spent a year at the South Pole Telescope where he researched polarization of the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) and served as a South Pole NSF Station Science Leader. He is also interested in devising new ways to conduct fundamental tests of quantum mechanics and has designed improvements for Bell-type tests of quantum entanglement.
Gallicchio has bachelor’s and master’s degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champagne, and a PhD in physics from Harvard University.
- hmc.edu, 6/14/19 HMC Physicists CO-star with Quasars
- Phys.org, 8/27/18 Physicists Race to Demystify Einstein’s ‘Spooky’ Science
- hmc.edu, 8/22/18 Quantum Entanglement Confirmed With Light From Distant Quasars
- hmc.edu, 4/24/18 Physics Paper Delves Inside the Box
- Quanta Magazine, 2/7/17 Experiment Reaffirms Quantum Weirdness
- hmc.edu, 2/7/17 Sky is No Limit for Quantum Researchers